PDA

View Full Version : best cleaning stuff?

greg1.4
27-10-07, 10:49 PM
i am looking for info/tips on how to get my sri seats really clean and like new again. they have some genral dirt and oil on them.. my carpet is really dirty though, i have been getting in and out with really dirty feet and sitting oily things in the passenger footwell.

i was thinking about pressure washing carpet?? (taking it out first though)

cheers

Greg

lee coley
28-10-07, 07:27 AM
the best stuff is them washing tablets that you put in your washing machine,or the powder stuff,this always moves oil,i used it on my carpets.

put 2 tablets in hot water and rub into the carpet and then wash out with a pressure washer,never used a pressure washer on the seats not sure if it would **** them up.

greg1.4
28-10-07, 07:45 AM
ah cheers, will try that.

i will just scrub the seats, dont fancy going near them with a pressure washer.

cheers,
Greg

lee coley
28-10-07, 07:51 AM
that foam cleaner is good stuff on seats

stevie78
28-10-07, 08:18 AM
i steemed ma last ones greg

Lee-170
28-10-07, 10:31 AM
i used foam on min n im a mechanic works a treat hope this helps

ade
29-10-07, 10:58 PM
autoglym do some good stuff - steam cleaning them also works well

DW-Nova
12-12-07, 10:32 PM
Steam clean the lot of it mate, obviously take out the seat and carpets and anything else you might want to wash and just steam clean it all, it dosent do any damage at all, i do this with loads of cars at work all the time, even with new cars with electric seats and airbags in the seats etc, you would have thought that it'd nacker them but it dosnt, only one thing to bare in mind is that especially at this time of year it takes ages to dry them properley, we put them in the painting oven at work which dose a treat.

Matt2107
13-12-07, 01:15 PM
Know any bored housewives with a Vax?