PDA

View Full Version : Whats a power cap???

20SEHnova
26-10-07, 08:40 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/c20xe-power-cap_W0QQitemZ230184191845QQihZ013QQcategoryZ10404Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

whats its function? hows it work? confused. :) Thanks

20SEHnova
26-10-07, 08:46 PM
o i c, still dont undetsand how the sfi box/ powercap works or what they do though actually. whats sfi stand for aswell?

Thanks mate.

20SEHnova
26-10-07, 08:54 PM
oh i see thanks for clearing that up mate :)

20SEHnova
26-10-07, 08:56 PM
oh one more question, i understand redtops are MPI engines. where is the fuel injected? after the air throttle body? or inside it?

John
26-10-07, 09:03 PM
oh one more question, i understand redtops are MPI engines. where is the fuel injected? after the air throttle body? or inside it?

the fuel is injected through the manifold, directly next to the head, into the combustion chamber.

Some have said xe's run better with an sfi box, something about the sfi box stores that little bit more air for a cleaner throttle response. i'm about to fit one back on mine.

20SEHnova
26-10-07, 09:04 PM
with your sfi statement in mind there mate how would that compare to say custom throttle boddies or twin 45 webber carbs? as im considering many things as part as an xe rebuild nova project.

John
26-10-07, 09:15 PM
with your sfi statement in mind there mate how would that compare to say custom throttle boddies or twin 45 webber carbs? as im considering many things as part as an xe rebuild nova project.

bodies and carbs are a step up again over a powercapped xe!,

Bodies run direct to head "throttle bodies", usually 45mm per cylinder. they run stand alone management, not cheap, but reliable.

Carbs are again usually 45's, but don't neccesarily have to run management. you can run a dizzy and coil, but i'd personally recommend a management system of some sort.

Expect about say anywhere between 190-200 on well set up bods, and say 180bhp ish on carbs.

A good standard tuned xe might push say 175 (cams, chip etc)

Don't overlook the mountains of other stuff needed to make all of this reliable too.

20SEHnova
26-10-07, 09:29 PM
hmm sounds interesting, stainless steel system manifold back incl manifold, cams and a chip. :) sounds good enough to me mate. thanks for this. oh what about forged pistons solid lifters etc? for the bottom end

John
26-10-07, 09:37 PM
hmm sounds interesting, stainless steel system manifold back incl manifold, cams and a chip. :) sounds good enough to me mate. thanks for this. oh what about forged pistons solid lifters etc? for the bottom end

XE bottom end is well strong enough for cams chip exhaust mods etc imo. Sbd only recommend arp rod bolts in their 208 body kit. May be worth considering pistons etc if you're planning a complete strip and re-build, and you're planning big bhp in the future.