:cry: Goodbye.

BigStan
25-10-07, 08:50 AM
The actual site ?

EDIT: Ah i see, is that because we are now the champions ? lol

craig green
25-10-07, 09:19 AM
That is a shame, in a way.

Maff Searle et al really knew how to run a good club - back in the day.

Lee
25-10-07, 04:33 PM
We've been umming and ahhing about it for ages. Due to the very small amount of traffic through the forum, we decided it was the best thing to do.

Agreed Maff has a lot to be thanked for, for a start if it weren't for him we wouldnt be where we are now (neither would I for that matter). He will be about at some big events next year :)

Lots of the info from the forum will be moved over here in time. Myself and Stuart are already working on the Articles section.

Onwards and upwards, PVG isnt dead, its gone back to its roots :)

sport
25-10-07, 04:49 PM
Its a shame, but the png is back now.

scott.parker
25-10-07, 07:43 PM
Kinda fells strange to think that it has gone,but...but it also makes sense.

i was thinking to my self the other day the club did a full circle, it started as a Nova owners club,then in the late 90's the Nova started to peatier out and the Corsa was coming through so it became a club for both, then they added the Astra's too (made sense as they gain more members to fund the club)
then it changed over to PVG as running three clubs lost money etc
But then as there is other clubs/forums out there for Astra's and Corsa it kind of ended up killing it's self..

So now were are back to square one and have a PNG just for Nova's again,lol
mad really...

Scott

Steve
26-10-07, 12:25 AM
Kinda fells strange to think that it has gone,but...but it also makes sense.

i was thinking to my self the other day the club did a full circle, it started as a Nova owners club,then in the late 90's the Nova started to peatier out and the Corsa was coming through so it became a club for both, then they added the Astra's too (made sense as they gain more members to fund the club)
then it changed over to PVG as running three clubs lost money etc
But then as there is other clubs/forums out there for Astra's and Corsa it kind of ended up killing it's self..

So now were are back to square one and have a PNG just for Nova's again,lol
mad really...

Scott
Couldnt have said it better myself.

RJM25R
26-10-07, 07:53 AM
The king is dead. Long live the king.

craig green
26-10-07, 10:06 AM
Lets face it, the nova will always be the king of Vauxhalls for 2 reasons IMO..

MAX POWER & PNG did a great deal to raise its profile in the mid 90's. The car was both affordable in 1.0 through to 1.6 guises & whatever model was never far away from being fettled into something close to a range topper.

The car also captured many peoples hearts during their youth, at such an impressionable age people will nearly always struggle to let those years go, so for many (myself included) the Nova represents some of the best years of my life & still helps me feel young.

One thing is for sure, theres no denying the amount of PNG members & Nova enthusiasts that are still into the car after all these years & the number of site users posting about how they are returning to the infectious little cars after owning far more expensive machinery. Long may it continue!

Jack
26-10-07, 10:54 AM
Lets face it, the nova will always be the king of Vauxhalls for 2 reasons IMO..
Hmm... Various VXR and Chevette drivers would have a lot to say about that for a start!