PDA

View Full Version : 16v Engine management????

Ben (lurk75)
23-06-02, 06:26 PM
Someone is bound to have done this problem... I have fitted a 1600 16v astra sport engine into my GSI but am struggling with the engine mangement side of things.. can anyone either help or recomend someone in the westcountry that could help? I would appreciate any hints or tips.
Thanx Ben

Dicko
24-06-02, 12:06 AM
wot problems are you having? give us some moe info cuz ul probly find we can hlep more than most!!

or mail me

Ben (lurk75)
24-06-02, 12:17 AM
I am lost trying to sort through wiring diagrams as the ones in mauals dont seem to add up. seem to have shit loads extra, obviously things like air conditining power steering etc but am lost with the others

Dicko
24-06-02, 07:54 PM
so i take it you are tryingto wire it up to yhe car u have now? is that correct, or are you trying to rewire the engine loom?

Ben (lurk75)
24-06-02, 08:14 PM
Yes trying to wire the engine into my nova.

barnes
24-06-02, 11:42 PM
start with simple stuff like red to red, black to black, brown to brown and the fuel pump wire which is a red with a blue tracer i think. coz the ecu, ie injection part of the loom, is a closed loom, it just needs a power supply and an earth, then coil needs eart, ignition live and technically it will start, the rest of the coloured wired are all just sensors for the dash.

thats a really bad explination, but what im trying to say is all the engine needs is all live, all earth and all ignition lives connected and the fuel pump and it will start.

u dig?

Ben (lurk75)
25-06-02, 12:11 AM
so it would start if all the sensors arent linked up? And any idea where i wire the immobiliser loom into this (standard one)???

barnes
25-06-02, 12:13 AM
noooo, u need all the sensors plugged into the engine but they dont need to be wired up to the dash.

immobiliser usually goes to starter motor

Dicko
25-06-02, 12:17 PM
you need ...

reb/blue = fuel pump +ve
big red = main live
black = switched live

and the starter motor switch wire that was connected to ur previos engine.
it shud all work from this.

however i didnt have the imobiliser on mine, not exactly sure how to get rid of it either :|

barnes
25-06-02, 12:20 PM
walk with it round the block, suddenly start running and see if it can keep up, if it cant take a series of sharp turns onto different streets, and hopefully you should have lost it, unless it can find its way back to your gaff on its own

Ian
25-06-02, 02:28 PM
lmfao

Ben (lurk75)
25-06-02, 05:47 PM
hopefully its that simple... Thanx for your help, will try it tommrow and let you know how i get on!
Ben

barnes
25-06-02, 11:16 PM
lol, yeah let us know how you get on, anything you need help on, dont ask me, lol

ill help with anything i know mate