PDA

View Full Version : morspeed performace tuning

brucer
24-10-07, 06:48 PM
hey guys.i have got a nova gte.standard engine apart from induction kit an exhaust system. i have seen these people in total vaux..so been on there site to see what they can do for me.

was thinking bout having head work done with them.they can do as follows...

STAGE 2 FAST ROAD HEAD: 1.4 & 1.6 8v
Lead free converted head, Fully de-coked, polished & ported, the valve seats are cut to 3 angle & all flow restriction is then removed, New guides are fitted, The inlet ports are opened and polished to increase air flow, exhaust ports are opened to match the manifold gasket. And the chambers are balanced, The head is then re-surfaced and assembled with new valves & stem oil seals, new valve springs to suit your application. Ready to fit.
ST2 FAST ROAD HEAD PRICE: ?350.00
ST2 FAST ROAD HEAD ASSEMBLED WITH A FAST ROAD CAM KIT ?550.00

or

STAGE 3 TRACKDAY HEAD: 1.4 & 1.6 8v
A fantastic all round road or track head, fully modified polished and tunnel ported, Inlet valves are increased by +1mm and the throats are equipped with special multi radius valve seats, new silicone bronze guides. The chambers are re-shaped to increase swirl, balanced and polished. The head is then re-surfaced to give desired compression and assembled with new valve stem oil seals, new double valve springs to suit your application, ready to fit.
ST3 TRACKDAY HEAD PRICE: ?450.00
ST3 TRACKDAY HEAD ASSEMBLED WITH A TRACKDAY CAM KIT ?650.00

are having these mods any good? im not to sure on value for money? as i work in a garage a bloke i work with said that i mite aswell just get a cam an use a dremel to make the ports larger.obviously that is cheaper.but what do you guys think?

has anyone had anywork done by these people?

any help would be appreciated.

Mike
24-10-07, 07:50 PM
AutoSprint are cheaper ;)

brucer
24-10-07, 07:53 PM
i no.but when i emaild autosprint and asked them what they do to the head, they just sent me prices.for all i no they mite just clean it off.haha.but they didnt supply me with any info.

Stuart
25-10-07, 08:40 AM
stage 2 is rubbish. plus NO ONE should polish the inlet ports of an engine ffs.

stage 3 should be the same price as stage 2 imho.

craig green
25-10-07, 10:11 AM
ST3 has bigger inlet valves, would that not add to cost, surely?

I recommend bigger inlet valves in my experience on 1.6 8v's.

brucer
25-10-07, 09:56 PM
thanks guys.so you think i should get a cam, match the exhaust ports to the manifold.and get the inlet valves bigger?