PDA

View Full Version : xe bottom pully removel

Nazza's Nova
23-10-07, 04:13 PM
any one got any ideas of how i can get my bottom pully off its rather tight ive tryed a impact driver but still wont budge

Dar
23-10-07, 04:55 PM
If its the six little ones then drill them out. If you do it right you will be able to knock the heads off and then just unscrew the threads once the pulley is out of the way.

If its the big bastid one, lock up the engine and get a fecking big bar on it.

Jeff16v
23-10-07, 05:21 PM
If its the big bastid one, lock up the engine and get a fecking big bar on it.

Eloquently putlol

Philsutton
23-10-07, 06:15 PM
or an air gun. Also you should be able to just tap them out with a chisel. Amount of times Ive had to do that lol, never had those bolts come out with the tool unless they have already been changed.

Nazza's Nova
24-10-07, 05:27 PM
cheers i managed to get 3 of the little bolts out gonna try a windy gun 2morra on the big bolt and grind the rest of the little bolts like u sed and twist them out cheers for the advise

Nazza's Nova
31-10-07, 10:50 AM
i finally got the pully off it was just the 6 lil bolts now a need new ones lol do i need the first pully lathed off as it a double pully wheel. or not

loggyboy
31-10-07, 11:38 AM
if you just want to remove the pulley then you dont have to remove the large one.

edit ooops you already worked that out..

lol

Its best to get it lathed off, it makes changing 'nator belts easier and also lighters the total crank weight.

I paid ?10 for cash job at a local engineering place.

GRUNT 16V
31-10-07, 03:06 PM
I Used A Decent Chisel On Mine And Replaced Them With The Later Type Ones

CAPS has been turned off!!

Nazza's Nova
01-11-07, 09:39 AM
alrite cheers lads ill get it sorted, my timing belt has 141 round teeth is that correct for a xe , im puzzled