PDA

View Full Version : Speedo cable

Jenks
23-10-07, 03:26 PM
Is their any difference in Speedo cables for different sized engines or boxes?? Sorry if it?s a dump question

cheers Aaron

craig green
23-10-07, 03:54 PM
Typically I find Nova speedo cables have a large metal type socket attachment on the top of the speedo drive on the box, however I've ssen them with a small knurled alloy part that screws into the speedo drive.

Jenks
23-10-07, 04:05 PM
i have the large metal socket one, and i think ist snaped inside as the speedos reading nothing. ist for a 1.2i 4 speed. cheers craig

craig green
23-10-07, 04:10 PM
Remove the clocks from the dash & go for a quick drive to see if the inside of the cable spins. If it does then the speedo drive/cable is working.

Nova clocks dont tend to fail tbh.

It may be the speedo drive which is inserted into the gearbox under the cable.

Jenks
23-10-07, 04:14 PM
i've gone for a drive and it stays still, il chek the box now

craig green
23-10-07, 04:16 PM
Have you had the cable/clocks out since it stopped working?

Common error is to run the cable back to clocks through the column brackets & not inline with back of clocks, if you force the cable to snake into the clocks & then push them back in it kinks the cable & snaps it.

Jeff16v
23-10-07, 05:23 PM
Common error is to run the cable back to clocks through the column brackets & not inline with back of clocks, if you force the cable to snake into the clocks & then push them back in it kinks the cable & snaps it.

you just answered why mine has worked in monthslol

spanishfly
23-10-07, 05:25 PM
I used a cavalier one, as it was longer, and it hasn't broken since fitting it, had two break from using GTE clocks in 1L shell with nova cables. PS: 6 dial cables are different from 3 dial and again different from 4 dial.

Jenks
23-10-07, 07:01 PM
i think its snaped, im using sr clocks in my nova and it worked fine, il try a new cabel in and see what happens. cheers for the help lads!