PDA

View Full Version : Radiator Fan problem

NovaHopeful
23-10-07, 10:06 AM
Hi Guys

Have just converted from a 1.4i engine to a 1.4sr carb setup, now i cannot get my radiator fan to kick in when the engine gets hot?

I have checked fuses/wiring etc, these all seem ok, but there still seems to be no power getting to the thermostat or the radiator fan?

Does anyone know if there is an extra sensor on the 1.4i engine/head that will not be on the sr engine?

Just want to make sure I am not missing anything silly before i spend hours troubleshooting an electrical problem.

any help is greatly appriciated.

Chris

craig green
23-10-07, 02:04 PM
If you bridge the terminals on the fan, temp loom (switch at the side of the rad) the fan should spin. If it doesnt then that would point at an electrical issue. Its worth renewing the switch tbh.

Have you double checked the fan itself is plugged in?

Philsutton
23-10-07, 06:17 PM
tbh you shouldnt have swapped anything on the fan side of things when doing the engine work as its on the rad. Do as craig said then if it doesnt spin its either the fan itself or wiring. If it does then it could be the switch, or an air lock will do the same.

NovaHopeful
24-10-07, 10:07 AM
Cheers for the advice guys i will have another look tonight, I am sure the fan is plugged in :-)

Thanks again. I will post my findings