PDA

View Full Version : How many Nova's do you need?

craig green
22-10-07, 01:16 PM
Something I cant get out of my system is wanting to save all the poor Novas I see everywhere being abused or in a state of neglect. I dont mean all the 5 door cars or countless saloons, but I always say if I win the lottery I'd have 7 Novas, (one for each day of the week lol ) which thinking about it still wouldnt be enough.

I really cant decide what styles would fulfill what I want, so many options of engine, body style (saloon etc), mk1 or mk2, colour, bumpers, engines etc etc etc.

Its not helped by the fact a lot of the parts are beginning to become rare esp Mk1 bumpers & wings & suchlike not to mention the old Chequered (dont say burberry) interiors.

To finish, I really, really need a std mk1 SR in my life right now. :thumb:

vaughanmc
22-10-07, 01:17 PM
One for daily use, one for a good time and one for show

Then a few others to keep for when your bored of the rest :)

craig green
22-10-07, 01:21 PM
So you cant come up with a definitive answer either? LOL

Something I really want is a mk1 SR in Jamaica Yellow with a mk2 Grey dash, all original on the outside with the vinyl etc on the lower flanks, later mk2 rear bumper with GTE lip & a 1800E 8v injection engine from a mk1 Astra GTE, running on Compomotive MO's. Mmmmm theres Monday.

vaughanmc
22-10-07, 01:22 PM
Nah I can't think of how many I'd have and for what reason - Give me time..

Saloony
22-10-07, 01:23 PM
I also would have 7, all saloons lol

Current one
'Hutch' cabrio
pick up
Estate
4dr
Rwd
Euro styled one

craig green
22-10-07, 01:24 PM
Tuesday, would be built from my J reg Silk violet TD. Mk1 exterior styled to a GTE rep. Grey mk2 SR interior with custom Bilstein B8 big piston type suspension, big brakes & upped boost with the std GTE type oval tail pipe & DTE badging on the sides.

vaughanmc
22-10-07, 01:24 PM
I'd also like an original looking black Nova GSi - With a Calibra Turbo 4x4 chassis, engine, drive-train, wheels, 5 stud - All made to fit a Nova shell

Vauxhall Nova GSi 4x4 - Vauxhall should have done it :)

craig green
22-10-07, 01:39 PM
Come on! Be realistic! lol Use a decent 4wd system worthy of putting in a Nova chassis.

Austin_Nova16
22-10-07, 01:40 PM
I have 3 and I think thats far too many!!

vaughanmc
22-10-07, 01:41 PM
Come on! Be realistic! lol Use a decent 4wd system worthy of putting in a Nova chassis.

Just wanted to keep it all factory - Like Vauxhall would have done..

Lynsey
22-10-07, 01:44 PM
Having 1 would be a good start. Gonna give up on finding a clean mk1 sr and start looking for something else :(

peester
22-10-07, 01:47 PM
greedy sods.
Spoken like a true enthusiast. Tho it does worry me your not getting out much CG??

Ive had days like that; i luv doing what im doing to my project nova, but would also like to own a tidy genuine unmolestered example.
Just be thankful its novas you like; fair chance of getting what your after.. If this was skyline-forums.com then ide be laffin at ya.

krobinson
22-10-07, 01:54 PM
I've the same problem to be honest, I'm forever finding more low mileage minters and almost buying them, but lack of cash and space at the moment has stopped me.

Next year I want to change my Blue GTE rep into something a big more special. Either a White SR or Yellow SR, Or i might just 16v it and paint it a proper GTE colour, I just cant warm to its blue, even tho it still looks smart!

Keith

vaughanmc
22-10-07, 01:55 PM
Will that be another dipped shell etc?

krobinson
22-10-07, 01:56 PM
Will that be another dipped shell etc?

No, Just gutted and painted.

Keith

vaughanmc
22-10-07, 01:59 PM
Mint all the same :)

Rick Draper
22-10-07, 02:14 PM
1 is more than enough.

Jack
22-10-07, 02:19 PM
Meh, 1 is too many for my liking lol

Just be thankful its novas you like; fair chance of getting what your after.. If this was skyline-forums.com then ide be laffin at ya.
Oh I dunno, some of the people who have GTRs could probably afford to buy 7 of them. R32s are quite cheap anyway.

duick
22-10-07, 02:48 PM
I have 5 now and still want more lollol

craig green
22-10-07, 03:53 PM
No I clearly dont get out enough.

Only yesterday we spotted a red mk1 SR fading by the road side in Cheddar, apparently its owned by an old lady. I suggested towing it away & ringing it, which went down like a lead balloon.

I need a mk1 SR like you wouldnt believe. I wonder if Father Christmas could help? Might get the note pad out & start behaving.

Lee H
22-10-07, 04:53 PM
1 is more than enough.

Agreed :wall:

Jeff16v
22-10-07, 04:59 PM
No I clearly dont get out enough.

Only yesterday we spotted a red mk1 SR fading by the road side in Cheddar, apparently its owned by an old lady. I suggested towing it away & ringing it, which went down like a lead balloon.

I need a mk1 SR like you wouldnt believe. I wonder if Father Christmas could help? Might get the note pad out & start behaving.

I would really love a white mk1 sr, c20Xe with TB's for trackday use.

What about dating the granny so she leaves it to you in her willlol

kevster
22-10-07, 05:16 PM
i did have two :( now just the one .
but i think if i dont get the jyj back i will get a nother just for track days .

thanks kev

Lee
22-10-07, 05:34 PM
Ive just about achieved what I wanted Nova wise. A track beast, a daily hack, and a nice quick road car for non track shows. Once the SR is done ill have the fleet complete :)

Riggy
22-10-07, 05:55 PM
ive got 2 , but as a few have said already id have loads if i could lol , ive even got my misses taking pics of minters that she see's and sending them me lol :thumb:

Mike
22-10-07, 06:01 PM
Just the two, my present one, and then the one ill build after the white one is done and sold :thumb:

scott.parker
22-10-07, 07:44 PM
Something I cant get out of my system is wanting to save all the poor Novas I see everywhere being abused or in a state of neglect. I dont mean all the 5 door cars or countless saloons, but I always say if I win the lottery I'd have 7 Novas, (one for each day of the week lol ) which thinking about it still wouldnt be enough.

I really cant decide what styles would fulfill what I want, so many options of engine, body style (saloon etc), mk1 or mk2, colour, bumpers, engines etc etc etc.

Its not helped by the fact a lot of the parts are beginning to become rare esp Mk1 bumpers & wings & suchlike not to mention the old Chequered (dont say burberry) interiors.

To finish, I really, really need a std mk1 SR in my life right now. :thumb:

Ahhh... yes you just reminded me..i forgot about this old lady my mum knows, she has a Jamaican yellow SR thats so so mint, i wonder if she's read to sell it yet?:D

Scott

Ste L
22-10-07, 07:49 PM
i got none..

but wouldn't mind a half decent one with an xe again

smcgsi16v
22-10-07, 08:08 PM
^^^^^^^Same as.

I do miss having a Nova.

SKoob
22-10-07, 08:15 PM
I've got 2 and they are pretty much what i'm after, got a vgc unmolested MK1 Laser blue diamond that i'm using as a daily driver at the moment :p (I really don't want to use it once they start salting the roads though :cry: ) and my long term project the 1.6 8v t40'd Mustard Yellow SR, would love a laser blue GTE though. So I guess 3 is enough for me lol If i won the lottery next to my ferraris, lambos etc.. i'd still have my SR though.

SRimon
22-10-07, 09:20 PM
I want another one...always will, its a pull the Nova has...

I'd need to build a double garage at the back of my house first!

GSi styled, XE'd, Speedlines, common but for good reason as I always say!

craig green
22-10-07, 10:21 PM
So I guess 3 is enough for me lol If i won the lottery next to my ferraris, lambos etc.. i'd still have my SR though.

I've always said that if I won the lottery, I'd have to buy & have all my old retro hatches built (7 Novas, Golfs, R5's, 309's 205's Integrales) then I'd go about buying my Porsches & BM's. Sort the best stuff first & then buy the crap last. In priority order! :D

I've always disliked 17''s on Nova's but one of them would have to have 17'' MIM Raffino's too.

scott.parker
22-10-07, 10:24 PM
I've always said that if I won the lottery, I'd have to buy & have all my old retro hatches built (7 Novas, Golfs, R5's, 309's 205's Integrales) then I'd go about buying my Porsches & BM's. Sort the best stuff first & then buy the crap last. In priority order! :D

I've always disliked 17''s on Nova's but one of them would have to have 17'' MIM Raffino's too.

Ahh just like the black 1.6T one with cream leather that was in fast car in 97-98?..

scott

Ash
22-10-07, 10:49 PM
Forest Green with dark cherry red bay 2dr coupe, smoothed GTE kit, including rear ;) 1.6 16v with TB's, dark cherry red leather custom dash, corba sidewinders, red carpet, cage, Slice of ICE, 5 stud, black Vectra SRi twin spoke 16's, Schmit monolines (colour coded centres), V6 brakes, custom rear lights, oh and decked

and my current project finished, that'al do donkey.

just vaux trev
22-10-07, 11:23 PM
i got 3 and none of them are as i want yet all could be classed as projects
but still want more im even looking for a lockup to keep more did have 4 but sold 1 last week

craig green
22-10-07, 11:35 PM
I'll never be happy unless I pay Keith or someone to build my next one. LOL

greg1.4
23-10-07, 08:31 AM
i would have as many novas as i could keep around me!!

my favourites are...mk1 sr in jamaican yellow..maybe with a exhaust system and lowered, speedlines or comp mo's!

i would also like a gsi with a 2.0 turbo in it,

gte with a c20xe on carbs,

ORIGINAL nova sport..

i just love novas. had 5 already and want loads more.

i feel the same as craig green when i see all the novas going about that are in a sorry state and people dont know the value of them to us!

novanutted
23-10-07, 09:52 AM
id have 10 7 for each day of week and 3 fully restored but not used,bit like something out a museum lol 1 of these 3 would be a genuine sport,gsi,and factory looking c20let!

the other 7 would be

a black gsi decked on white speedlines with a bit of tuning

a laser blue gte complete standard

widearch rear wheel drive monster painted white

twin engined c20let

full on show car with a redtop engine all customised

c20let 500bhp 4wheel drive,probably not possible but its what id want lol

a 1.4 16v hoping to get 200bhp from it,painted alfa romeo novo