PDA

View Full Version : gearknobs??

illwill
22-06-02, 05:10 PM
hi, does anyone now if the gearknobs on the SR can be replaced? ie. buy a new shiny momo one for it!!
i have tried to pull it off and twist it but it doesnt seem to budge.
i'm sure it will come off, does anyone know for sure how though?
cheers,Will.

ade
22-06-02, 06:11 PM
yeah u can get it off but theyre bastards - maybe glued in place (mine was) like if prev owner had fitted a krook lock (u get a super glue stick to shove up yer nob to stop it being removed :o ).

If u really want to take it off but cant, just cut it in half - from middle of top cut down till u hit the metal rod, then cut along sides and split it in half using a screwdriver. Easiest and quickest way - just make sure you really want to do it for obvious reasons! :?

May need to clean up any residue (just cut extra bits off with stanley knife) then fit yer nice knew shiney nob in its place :D

Ade
(who is so tempted to use an 8 ball for a gear nob but unsure if its too shite!)

?Marty?
24-06-02, 12:23 AM
Make sure you replace it with a nice fat rubber dildo.

You can get your mum to mount it and change gears for you by gyrating her hips too if you like.

Ade- i've seen someplace selling 8-balls converted to gear nobs. Don't know where you can get a matching snooker cue handbrake cover from though. and make sure you re-carpet the nova in green felt. Wouldn't want it to just look silly now, would you? :D