PDA

View Full Version : nova xe gear selecter

stelf2.0nova
22-10-07, 10:25 AM
could some one help me with gear selector cause i can get every gear apart from 5th doing my head is there a nother wa#y of doing it

thanks

Jack
22-10-07, 11:15 AM
Did the car have a 4 cog box in before you put the XE in it?

just vaux trev
22-10-07, 11:49 AM
sory to but in but i have a similer prob and yes i had 4 spd box before
do you use the donor car linkage ie i used mk 3 astra gsi or the nova 1

Welsh Dan
22-10-07, 12:35 PM
Use the nova one, flip the white bit in the universal joint around so it reaches further, and check under the gearstick gaiter for a white plastic lug that stops the stick going into the position for 5th, and remember to re-allign the linkage for the new box.

Rob
22-10-07, 10:15 PM
i had a 4 speed box in mine and when i put the xe in with f16 it went straight in with all 5 gears

Jim Mcrae
23-10-07, 12:20 AM
I have this problem, i rember when i bought it i was driving it home down the motorway and was like, hang on wheres fifth!!! Pulled over and rang the old owner. I also have the F16 and i need to push down as i put it in to 5th, still awrkard and takes getting used to i still find my self trying to put it in to 3rd now. Anyway just try taking it out of 4th pushing down on the lever like you do for reverse, then try for 5th and see what happens.

Adam
23-10-07, 12:23 AM
i had a 4 speed box in mine and when i put the xe in with f16 it went straight in with all 5 gears
Some sticks dont have the lug and can get 5th fine, mine didn't have it.

stelf2.0nova
23-10-07, 11:27 AM
i have had fifth before but i will try the pushing down. i do have the white lug on gear selector

Riggy
23-10-07, 02:04 PM
Repeting whats already been said

if you have the white lug on the bottom of the stick (inside car) it hits the wall of the tunnel when you go for 5th , you need to cut it off

also , on the linkage on the box you have to flip the white bush through 180 degrees

and dont forget to set it up properly using a drill bit etc like haynes says , none of this guessing lark

craig green
23-10-07, 04:13 PM
Knackered engine mounts dont help, but trimming the 'gate stop' on the stick with a knife enables the stick to move accross further to access the 5th gear gate as said above.

spanishfly
23-10-07, 05:23 PM
Knackered engine mounts dont help, but trimming the 'gate stop' on the stick with a knife enables the stick to move accross further to access the 5th gear gate as said above.

That's what i did.