PDA

View Full Version : digi dash reading allsorts!

womble sri
21-10-07, 07:34 PM
my digidash has started reading allsorts of speeds i.e anything between half the speed your actually doing and very rarely the actual speed. would this be caused by wiring or would it be the transducer or speedo cable. help please!!

cheers neil

tom_beverley
21-10-07, 07:49 PM
Either a faulty wire or connection, or a fault with the transducer. No speedo cable with digi dash!!!

womble sri
21-10-07, 09:58 PM
ok cheers but would a faulty wire/commection affect the reading? i think i have a spare transducer where does it plug into on the car i know/think it goes into the dash but where on the gearbox as it may have come loose or something.

cheers neil

tom_beverley
22-10-07, 08:47 AM
It screws into the gearbox. I think its a 10mm nut securing the retaining plate which holds the transducer in place. If you follow the wire down into the gearbox area you will see it 'popping out' (technical term) of the gearbox. Make sure the transducer is the correct one as there are two types IIRC.

It could just be a faulty connection at either end disrupting the feed, or a faulty transducer, you won't know until you have a look and check :)

Was it working properly beforehand? Have you changed anything lately?

womble sri
22-10-07, 07:41 PM
it was working fine for 4 months since ive had the car i have had afew water pipes go recently so the coolant system had emptied itself in the bay several times. hopefully its the connection betwen to the gearbox. i have fitted solid mounts so the car shakes to bits so maybe electrical but i hope not!