PDA

View Full Version : r1 throttlebodies

cbminis
21-10-07, 06:34 PM
hi does anybody run these on a 2.0 16v xe? whats involved? how do they compare to a 208 kit?
cheers carl

John
21-10-07, 06:56 PM
hi does anybody run these on a 2.0 16v xe? whats involved? how do they compare to a 208 kit?
cheers carl

r1's are motorbike CARBS, not bodies, hence you will need to run some sort of dizzyless ignition too, or a cav mk2 dizzy and coil. you'll also need to regulate the fuel pressure down to suit, and get them jetted for car use. you'll also need an inlet maniffold and some sort of air filter. put some money aside in your budget to get either set up working correctly on a rolling road. Craig (saloony) on here runs them, so he'll be able to give you more advice.

I've been looking into carbs (45 webers) and jenvey tapered bodies recently for my own xe. Tb's can be had i reckon for slightly more money, but i'm still undecided atm which to go for though! (plus i need to save a bit more):thumb:

tom_beverley
21-10-07, 07:54 PM
nuds_sr (Alan) on here also runs bike carbs and I think he said his was running around 190bhp. Manifolds are a special, Bogg Bros make them up for about ?160 IIRC.

_JH_
21-10-07, 08:07 PM
I thought the R1 came with injection at some point myself, so it's quite possible he means R1 throttlebodies not carbs.

If you are after R1 carbs, I race against a few people who use them, one in particular has got great results with his XE, but it's taken a fair bit of trial and error to get there. He has a worked head, accralite (spelling) pistons and Q420 cams, and H-beam rods to cope with the high revs too. Not sure how they fair on a standard engine. HTH :)

John
21-10-07, 08:20 PM
I thought the R1 came with injection at some point myself, so it's quite possible he means R1 throttlebodies not carbs.

If you are after R1 carbs, I race against a few people who use them, one in particular has got great results with his XE, but it's taken a fair bit of trial and error to get there. He has a worked head, accralite (spelling) pistons and Q420 cams, and H-beam rods to cope with the high revs too. Not sure how they fair on a standard engine. HTH :)

ok, yeah should of mentioned that;) , but i've never seen an xe on the r1 bodies, only carbs.

BIGS
21-10-07, 09:42 PM
Yes the R1 did come with tb's. it was the early type bike that came with carbs but then switched to tb's around 2000 i think. and to be honist if your going to be using bike tb's i would use the gsxr 750 ones as there much better and can get them just as cheep

Saloony
21-10-07, 10:30 PM
If you want throttles go for the proper car engined throttles, wouldnt piss around with bike tb's. Jenvey's or whatever are going to be far easier and less bother if trouble were to arise or what not.

Adam
22-10-07, 12:43 AM
What he said/\

Stuart
22-10-07, 08:50 AM
"compared to the 208 kit"...... ummm im sure you get cams with that kit lol.

cbminis
22-10-07, 05:03 PM
no cams with 208 kit (taperthrottles)