PDA

View Full Version : engine turning over bt no spark

sherwood
20-10-07, 07:05 PM
:confused: i've just put a late coil pack xe into my 1.2i luxe+ nova, ive got it turning over but cant get a spark ... ive checked the plugs they seem ok an have changed the leads an coil pack. ive got the engine man light on and no that the ecu works as ive had it in my mates car. any ideas??? cheers sherwood

Adam
20-10-07, 08:06 PM
Probably crank sensor

Philsutton
20-10-07, 08:12 PM
Is the ecu powering up? fuel pump clicking, fuel pressure? You can just fit the back wiring loom from the nova with no ecu or engine loom an crank it over, you dont need the engine management to turn it over.

Is it just the spark you have checked or have you checked everything ele as well.

sherwood
21-10-07, 05:38 PM
ECU seems to power up a\s the light is on the dash.

Where is the crank sensor? Is it the sensor in front of the dispac with the 2 13mm bolts holding the cover on? I have tried changing the cover over with abnother one and plugging it in but still no joy.

The car is turning over but we are getting no fuel and no spark, Any ideas would be appreciated now! Getting a bit stuck.

Any detail about changing the crank sensor would be nice, just to check if we have done it right - Haynes is a bit useless for it!!

Philsutton
21-10-07, 06:08 PM
The car is turning over but we are getting no fuel and no spark, Any ideas would be appreciated now! Getting a bit stuck.

Right I would say the ecu isnt powering up then, how have you wired it up? check to see if there is a live getting to the ecu.

The crank position sensor is on the front of the block almost directly below the thermostat housing.

Adam
21-10-07, 07:00 PM
If the management light comes on with ignition then the ecu is powering up

Where have you connected the ignition live to?
Perhaps its not staying live when cranked

sherwood
23-10-07, 05:40 PM
ive connect it to the black wire going into the ignition barrel.

Ben
23-10-07, 06:09 PM
Earth strap.