PDA

View Full Version : Absolut gypsys

novamadman
18-10-07, 12:40 PM
Woke on tuesday morning to hear my nova driving away flat out, rung police and headed up road in the direction they went. Fair play to police they blocked the road and made great work to block my car at a roundabout although they had to ram the back end in the process, the two occupents jumped but were caught shortly after one lying in a river trying not to be caught. I offered to lift the car but police said they had to take it to station, only to find out the nxt day that it was at a recovery scrapyard place local to me and because i was the owner i had to pay ?125 to get it back.

The guys are apparently experienced burglars, car thiefs and god knows what else theyve been charged but will more than likely get bail, that same night there was 2 or 3 more cars tred in my area including my friends cavalier, they wre drivng a stolen jeep when they took my car which hasnt been recovered yet and they found laptops ipods phones jewellrey in my car from various robberys they had done earlier in the night.

Im sitting now with my car pretty badly damaged a hefty bill if i fix it and it all has to come out of my pocket, the occupents will probably get 3 month sentence which will be halfed and a claim for the police ramming them

thats our justice eh :thumb:

anyway this is the car when i bought it

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82481&highlight=white+speedlines

and a few links below to some pics of when i had it, only had it a few months, gutted

http://jon44w.com/images/events/2007/200709090900/0135.jpg

http://jon44w.com/images/events/2007/200709090900/0146.jpg

http://jon44w.com/images/events/2007/200709090900/0153.jpg

nova ian
18-10-07, 12:47 PM
Justice system is just so wrong isn't it, Yet as soon as you step out of line you would get the book thrown at you.

Gutted for you as that gte looked very nice

All these cars going walkies is terrible, you cant own anything nice these days :cry:

Jack
18-10-07, 12:50 PM
Surely insurance should cover the cost? Although depending on damage/value they might write it off :(

Good job to yourself and local police on catching them though.

novamadman
18-10-07, 12:59 PM
Surely insurance should cover the cost? Although depending on damage/value they might write it off :(

Good job to yourself and local police on catching them though.

under garage insurance rung to see what the story would be,, i said roughly ?1000 they said you pay ?500 excess we will pay the rest and the insurance will go up ?500 next year so it doesnt take einstein to work out that one

insurance = legalised fraud

if i try and claim off the two fairies that were caught whats the point they dont have anything to be claimed, yet they will get god knows what for being rammed, im still checking that all out i may be able to get it through the goverment or something and then if the guys ever did get a claim or build a house whatever they take it off them then but im not 100% atm

krobinson
18-10-07, 01:10 PM
Nightmare Shane, hope you get it sorted soon. I'll do my best to get you a rear bumper.

Keith

novamadman
18-10-07, 01:29 PM
Nightmare Shane, hope you get it sorted soon. I'll do my best to get you a rear bumper.

Keith

cheers kieth not overly worried about the bumper no panic like get one somewhere, see what you can do and give me a txt

cheers

novamadman
18-10-07, 01:35 PM
picture of car yesterday before i started stripping, sorry taken with very poor mobile

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/rallynova/badaff.jpg

craig green
18-10-07, 01:46 PM
This kind of thing really funks me off! Police were stupid enough to ram a car that you cared about enough to inform them was stolen, FFS! I know its not as simple as that, but it doesnt add up in my opinion.

They either didnt care about your possessions, in which case why bother catching the crooks, and even though they have caught them atleast punish the gypo's rather than pretend to charge them etc.

No wonder so many criminals do what they do, its easy to get away with it etc!

Feel for you buddy.

Ernie
18-10-07, 01:49 PM
poor nova.Im sure Keith could fix it.

Jack
18-10-07, 01:51 PM
Ouch! WTF did they ram it with, a bulldozer?!

Lee
18-10-07, 02:26 PM
It is definately a great time to be a criminal. Might take it up.

novamadman
18-10-07, 02:31 PM
Ouch! WTF did they ram it with, a bulldozer?!

lol a silver vectra - broken number plate few marks on the bumper and bumper loose a bit

dont know craig becuase i wasnt there id rather have the car the way it is than never see it again, im glad to have it back and it will be fixed asap and back on the road its still driving perfect so....

no point sulking over it **** happens but the thing thats annoying me is that i know that they will get an easy sentence and probably a claim from the cops ramming them yet i cant get anything!!!!

thats what i intend to follow up plus i have the reciept for the ?125 and i intend to get that back to

**** happens lads just have to get on with it you can complain about it all day long but nothing will change there are still going to be car thiefs out there and the justice system is still going to be a disaster, at the end of the day i only have myself to blame sitting along side a main road exactly where my white car was tried when i have a yard out the back to pt the car in

ahh im rambling on.....

novamadman
18-10-07, 02:32 PM

partners?

craig green
18-10-07, 02:33 PM

Amen, so it seems. Might try selling a loft conversion door to door tonight, see if I can get a deposit from some old dears. lol

Will F
18-10-07, 02:52 PM
partners?

A Trio?

:eek:

craig green
18-10-07, 02:56 PM
No, ghey partners!

Cormac
18-10-07, 04:23 PM
Thats gut-wrenching to see, it would only be fair that they rammed the car if the two lads were put away for a few years. Which we know will never happen.

Shane i'd get some autotrader prices for novas and claim off the NI office for about 3k compo.

Keith

novamadman
18-10-07, 05:32 PM
Thats gut-wrenching to see, it would only be fair that they rammed the car if the two lads were put away for a few years. Which we know will never happen.

Shane i'd get some autotrader prices for novas and claim off the NI office for about 3k compo.

Keith

gona try and do that ive got someone checking it out for me but a few people have told me it could be very long drawn out if it does work and my not be worth it. All i want is costs to cover damage to car and the fee that I had to pay to get my own car back from the scrappy, its unbelievable it really is thats the bit that annoys me the most lol but like i said before thats our justice system! :thumb:

Brodie_Sri
18-10-07, 06:25 PM
Gutted for you Shane hope it gets sorted soon.

Brodie

JSeymour
18-10-07, 08:06 PM
not only are the scum bags who stole it of you scum for what they done, the insurance company want more money for anything they should pay out for!
the police crash into your car and then a recovery firm charge you silly money for a couple hours worklol id be very pissed of if i was you matey, infact i am.

matt1chelski
18-10-07, 09:06 PM
This kind of thing really funks me off! Police were stupid enough to ram a car that you cared about enough to inform them was stolen, FFS! I know its not as simple as that, but it doesnt add up in my opinion.

So what, there ment to let the pair carry on driving untill they hit a tree (compleatly **** the car), or worse kill someone?

Anyway, the justice system is a joke, the fact that you have to pay to get your stolen car back, and as we all know, they wont pay, they`ll prob not even turn up to court.

matt

carls nova sri
18-10-07, 09:18 PM
atleast you got here back tho mate thats the main thing

shy witness
18-10-07, 11:03 PM
absolute scumbags

looked like a crackin we car n'all

CP
18-10-07, 11:39 PM
Hmm

I'm in favour of 3 strikes:

Offence#1. Be fined where effective - have to have regular reporting to authorities tagging etc have to attend anti-re-offending meetings such as having to listen to victims of your crime - community work helping the elderly etc - curfews- bans on travel abroad- naming and shaming

#2. As above but more intense probably included in a short sharp shock prison sentence. Much more tough physically and mentally. Suspension of all but the main human rights

#3 . Death. You've had your chance but you didn't want to play by society's rules therefore you are surplus to requirement and will be put down like a stray dog. You cost too much and we aren't prepared to keep paying for your ****ups

There you are sorted - vote for me at the next election. I'll double police numbers in our communities and it'll only cost 3p in the ?:D

Ash
19-10-07, 12:09 AM
^ drop/lose the tax on petrol and your in lol (EDIT: infact tax in general for people earning >?45,000)

As per other comments, gutted to see that happen to such a tidy example, even if it is big block. Sounds like you got the right attiude to get on with it tho. If you want panels to repair it order with Steve (durik) now!

novamadman
19-10-07, 09:29 AM
cheers for comments lads

no what everyone means but at the end of the day it could have been worse, they were very busy boys that night they burgaled an old woman in a village near me and tried a few cars, they could have broke in i have my whole family in the house god knows what might have happened or they could have smashed into somebody down the road and killed someone it could have been far worse. Yes im pissed off and all that but like i said before at the end of the day yove just got to say f it and get on with it sulking wont fix the car. Going to get pulled tommorrow new back panel ordered, guy does my bodywork is quite busy atm so just waiting then for him to squeeze me in.

anyway cheers again for comments and put your nova under your pillow at night! :D

Kinky Monza
19-10-07, 09:53 AM
Prison is an easy option, they get 3 meals a day, get to watch TV and play pool, have a roof over their heads and somewhere warm and dry to sleep!

The justice system in the country is pathetic, it needs scrapping and starting again!

Gutted for you fella, but yo've got it back and one ish piece and it is repairable!

If i was you i'd put the claim in for the damage, and te recovery fee, if enough people do it they might look into it like the bank charges and the non direct debit fees!

krobinson
19-10-07, 10:45 AM
Thats a very good positive attitude there Shane, good lad.

Keith

stoza2007
19-10-07, 04:01 PM
idiots mate the wnt shooting

Cormac
19-10-07, 11:50 PM
Really worrying, We in the north west usually get away with very little car crime just shows the world we no live in, Good attuide your taking tho boss, really could have been a whole lot worse but that doesnt make the blow any easyier i suppose, Get her back on the road cause she was a real tidy one!! id also think about storing your novas somewere outta harms way, very visable there on the main road!!

Welsh Dan
20-10-07, 12:13 AM
We should ship the crims off to Australia...

turbojolt
20-10-07, 12:32 AM
well when people stop registering there cars as something they are not maybe but until then not again

novamadman
22-10-07, 01:01 AM
well when people stop registering there cars as something they are not maybe but until then not again

???

Phil_G
22-10-07, 01:21 AM
???

I think that geezer means about people who do an XE conversion but leave it as a 12/13/1400 on the logbook and that sort of trick

If its not then I agree with you and put ???

Jack
22-10-07, 08:30 AM
Its logged as a 1.6, not a 2.0 (and was sold as such). No biggie from tax perspective as its in the same band, but DVLA or insurance won't like it.

Plus its currently unlicensed, since August?

novamadman
22-10-07, 09:18 AM
ive owned the car no more than 3-4 months i originally intended to sell it, its as a 1.6 its mot'd as a 2.0 if that means anything it never bothered me, its being driven under traders insurance and the car is taxed till january and mot'd till may

what do you mean the car is out of licence jack?

shane

Jack
22-10-07, 09:45 AM
DVLA website lists it as Unlicensed, tax was due 01/08/07 :wtf:

If thats not right, might be worth checking with DVLA to make sure their records are correct. 3/4 months should have been enough time for them to update

novamadman
22-10-07, 09:49 AM
thanks for pointing that out jack the car was taxed when it ran out in august but i doubt now whether it will be back on the road before the tax runs out so no panic

novamadman
22-10-07, 09:51 AM
another thought is im in northern ireland the car was last taxed in england until august, i would say that northern ireland taxed cars dont show up as taxed on the english system and the same the other way

Jack
22-10-07, 11:12 AM
Ahhh yeah. Sorry, did see your location but put 2 + 2 together and made 7 lol