18-10-07, 08:50 AM
my white nova reg k237 jyj was nicked lastnight if any one can help with
bits poping yp for sale let me know thanks
im gutted
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u64/kevster240/8.jpg

NovaLad
18-10-07, 08:52 AM
Ahh what a shame...

Hope you get it back soon and in 1 piece.

simonr1
18-10-07, 09:06 AM
c**ts

Jack
18-10-07, 09:07 AM
Where was it nicked from, what time, any parts worth mentioning?

Thats really crap mate. Was a great car :(

kevster
18-10-07, 09:27 AM
it was there a 8.30pm lastnight , parked outside my front door , westsussex , fewbits on the car like btb manafold, things like that

thanks kevin

Dar
18-10-07, 09:29 AM
Gutted for you mate. I will keep my eyes and ears open. I hope you get it back in one piece.

smcgsi16v
18-10-07, 09:35 AM
Gutted for you, will keep an eye out.

Riggy
18-10-07, 09:39 AM
gutted kev , hope you get it back without to much damage

hendrix
18-10-07, 09:51 AM
ahhh another minter. that sucks :( Hope you get it back in one piece unlike me (twice).
Chances are though being a valver it will be stripped by now :(
Makes me wonder if (unfortunately) this site has something to do with it, not members on here but 'visitors' who come look at the site, see these nice cars and then the cars dissappear, probably not but it was just a thought so no one have a go at me!

Ernie
18-10-07, 10:39 AM
Thats **** Kev.Hope you get it back.

GRUNT 16V
18-10-07, 10:41 AM
What A ****ter !!

Steve
18-10-07, 10:51 AM
Sorry to hear it mate, hope it gets recovered.

I'll keep my eyes and ears open around kent for you.

5T1G
18-10-07, 10:55 AM
Where bouts in sussex you from, PM me if you like. I live round this way too so will keep an eye out. I heard there was some sort of operation going down along the coast, littlehampton, worthing, goring that way.

Adam
18-10-07, 11:09 AM
Thats fookin ****e news mate :(

I agree with Hendrix tho. About people just visiting the site(getting the address from window stickers etc), and then looking in project threads to know every last detail of a certain car.
Maybe its time the Projects forum was moved to Club members section only.

Markyc
18-10-07, 11:45 AM
i'll ave a ring round for you kev im down ur way i do no certein people who were always offereing me nicked parts n cars!! turned them down out of princibles!!

michael squeak
18-10-07, 12:04 PM
t***s !!! tidy car that m8 aswell, hope you get it back fella,

Austin_Nova16
18-10-07, 12:17 PM
Savage news matey!

I shall keep my eyes peeled around the area.
Any suspicions or anything?

spk soon!

novamadman
18-10-07, 12:24 PM
sorry to hear that kev. im in northern ireland my nova was stolen on tuesday morning at 5.30 only i was lucky enough that i heard it reving away and alerted police straight away - fair play to them they blocked the road 5 miles away although they had to ram the back of it to get it stopped the two occupents ran but were caught shortly after

its so hateful because they tried to take my white nova in january only the window was frosted up and it was so cold the engine wouldnt heat up enough for them to get away, we heard them ran out and caught them although they drove away after a bit of a scuffle with me and my dad

they are absolut vermin, no respect for others property or effort you might have put in to your car,

words cant describe them i hope you get your car back in one piece kev and the gypsys ba5tards are caught

goldengraham
18-10-07, 12:34 PM
i have to agree with hendrix and lltn as anyone can view the nice specs people have on there pride and joy

i hope you get the car back without damage, fingers crossed for you.

nova ian
18-10-07, 12:37 PM
Thats terrible mate, Can't imagine how ****e you must feel.

I agree with what a few others have said about project threads being for club members only.

Hope you get it back, and the person/people who stole it are caught

nova.joe
18-10-07, 12:41 PM
boooo thats sh!t.

hopefully youll get it back unharmed..

Good luck.

JSeymour
18-10-07, 12:45 PM
unlucky mate, il keep my ears peeled like everyne else

Iain
18-10-07, 12:49 PM
That sucks mate, hope you get it back and in one piece.

Agreed with everybody else about the WIP section. Leave a comment here in the relevant forum. (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?p=755807)

Lee
18-10-07, 01:13 PM
Thats fookin ****e news mate :(

I agree with Hendrix tho. About people just visiting the site(getting the address from window stickers etc),

Not sure i follow you? How do you get an address from a window sticker?

Im not sure the site is responsible for these thefts, unfortunately Nova's are just easy to steal. Simple as that. Most of the thieving scum will be local to you and know whats in your car as they will have seen it about / probably looked at it before.

hendrix
18-10-07, 01:15 PM
I think he means the web address mate

kevster
18-10-07, 01:26 PM
the address on your profile i think thats what they mean !!!

kevster
18-10-07, 01:29 PM
which i have now removed !! i think others should as well ,
thanks for your coments i hope i do get her back ?!!!!!!

i spent some much time and money on the car its gutting !!!

Lee
18-10-07, 01:46 PM
which i have now removed !! i think others should as well ,
thanks for your coments i hope i do get her back ?!!!!!!

i spent some much time and money on the car its gutting !!!

No one can see the address on your profile apart from Admin.

Good luck getting tickets next year as im fecked if im ringing around for them!

Im gutted for you Kevster, its devestating when something of yours is stolen, but blaming the site is a tad naive IMO. Unless you phisically make public your address, its no more at risk being on here as it is from the crack heads who live locally to you im afraid.

kevster
18-10-07, 02:20 PM
No one can see the address on your profile apart from Admin.

Good luck getting tickets next year as im fecked if im ringing around for them!

Im gutted for you Kevster, its devestating when something of yours is stolen, but blaming the site is a tad naive IMO. Unless you phisically make public your address, its no more at risk being on here as it is from the crack heads who live locally to you im afraid.

i did not know that is was only the admin lee.
sorry i never did blame the site
only posted the post for help in finding my baby
sorry i will put my address back up for you :)

Lee
18-10-07, 02:23 PM
i did not know that is was only the admin lee.
sorry i never did blame the site
only posted the post for help in finding my baby
sorry i will put my address back up for you :)

lol, no sweat matey, wasnt annoyed at you, you have your car stolen! Id be ranting like a mofo right now if mine went walkies!

Best thing is to spam the hell out of all vaux forums. LOTNSR's was lucky(ish) and got his shell back, you might be lucky too. Chin up and all that.

kevster
18-10-07, 02:33 PM
yeah i will dude !!!!!!

Novadaftman
18-10-07, 03:03 PM
I think he means the web address mate

but why would they look at the web site sticker on the window when they would be on the site mate you know what a mean.

i don't think its got anything to do with anyone on this site i agree with lee novas are just easy to steal and thats that if you have a nova you just need to be careful and that the steps needed to protect it mines is cameraed up so i can see if anyone is near mine and i also record it at night on my dvd recorder so just in case i am sleeping and they try i always have something to catch them and being dvd i can enhance to great detail you know.

i also have other methods aswell just incase they try and get smart so mines is well protected from the B***ards..

Sorry mate hope you get it back but the more time its gone the less likely it in one piece mate sorry but true. do what others have done and plaster pics of your motor all over the net to get the word out you never no you might get lucky. good luck

vaughanmc
18-10-07, 03:08 PM
Hopefully you get it back mate - In one piece would be ideal :)

Dave.
18-10-07, 06:25 PM
gutted for you kev.. hope you get it back in 1 piece

coochiSR
18-10-07, 06:47 PM
Like i said when y arung me, as soon as i hear/see anything i'll let you know!!! Hope you get it back fella!

Spudly
18-10-07, 06:49 PM
Truly gutted for ya bud, i wish you the best of luck on her safe return, also posted link on justopelvauxhall for ya.

Need as many eyes and ears anywhere looking out for ya!

Philsutton
18-10-07, 06:54 PM
Thats sad news, its about time this country had some vigilantes to blow away drug dealers and general penises of society

gazz
18-10-07, 07:02 PM
kev really gutted to hear about this.
i will liten out for any parts that are going for sale...
hope it gets returned ...

thieving pikey ****s i hate them...all so they can take there drugs.:mad:
pisses me off

Mike
18-10-07, 07:03 PM
Best thing is to spam the hell out of all vaux forums. LOTNSR's was lucky(ish) and got his shell back, you might be lucky too. Chin up and all that.

Kev, truly gutted for you mate!! But seroiusly, do what i did, spam the feckery out of every car site ever, tell all your mate, check ebay for all your parts and if needs be, get onto the local paper and make the stolen parts virtually un-sellable :thumb:

Martin
18-10-07, 07:05 PM
gutted mate,. hope it gets home safe

scott.parker
18-10-07, 08:04 PM
Dude thats well ****!

I know a mate of mine sold his old SR when some nobba broke into it, he said it just felt wrong that someone had been in and meesed things up, he felt uncomfy in the car from that day on till he sold it.

Shame as your car is so nice, hope it comes back fine.

Scott

tom_beverley
18-10-07, 08:11 PM
Funking terrible news Kev, hope you get her back ok. You can't leave anything for 5 minutes now, even outside your own house the tw@ts!

JOV
18-10-07, 08:17 PM
Its up on JOV already. Hope you get it back fella

xShEpx
18-10-07, 08:21 PM
what a bastrad

was it not far sale?

have you gone through the people who got in touch? any randoms that asked lots of questions and didnt amount to anything

check for people asking about alarms and stuff, and maybe check i.p. addresses to see if they live near you,

long shot, but ive known of people getting caught this way b4

hope you get it back mate, having a car stolen is really gutting :(

Ste L
18-10-07, 08:42 PM
bloody ****'s :(

proper gutted for you mate, hope you get it back in one peice

carls nova sri
18-10-07, 09:05 PM
like every one else says gutted for you and hope you get her back

stuartyj21
18-10-07, 09:58 PM
sorry to hear that m8 hope u get the feckers:mad:

SRimon
18-10-07, 10:02 PM
Gutted Kev

Hope it comes back in one piece, although keeping an eye on parts is a more likely resolution...

Good luck :)

kevster
19-10-07, 08:11 AM
well thanks lads tonight i will post on every site about her .
i went to every piikie site around , every contrey back road work shops even under stones no were to be seen .
this has been planed , well thought out .
thanks for posting up on jov .

your a good bunch beers are on me at pv 2008 :)

Mike
19-10-07, 02:20 PM
well thanks lads tonight i will post on every site about her .
i went to every piikie site around , every contrey back road work shops even under stones no were to be seen .
this has been planed , well thought out .
thanks for posting up on jov .

your a good bunch beers are on me at pv 2008 :)

Its sh1t aint it mate...waking up in the morning to find no car. Really hope its found unscarthed, or even the w@nkers that took it get caught!

Dan 130
19-10-07, 02:57 PM
really sorry to hear that kev , you must be pissed to say the least but eyes and ears our open round hear just incase

nova_stee
19-10-07, 03:26 PM
its never good when sum thing gets pinched that u work so hard for if it comes up this neck of the woods i will give them a good beating for u lad:mad:

Nick J
19-10-07, 04:42 PM
Gutted for you kev, I hope you have some joy in getting in back undamaged etc, Nick.

kevster
19-10-07, 05:42 PM
i think its safe to say shes striped by now :( ]
its a real s??ter all that hard work by me and others

i will keep my fingers crosed tho just incase

BigStan
19-10-07, 05:44 PM
Feel for you mate hope you get it back :thumb:

muzzy
19-10-07, 05:45 PM
Gutted for you mate, iv put this on vauxhall-scotland incase anyone notices any parts for sale.

Hopefully it wont come to that and you get her back in one piece!

kevster
19-10-07, 05:48 PM
Gutted for you mate, iv put this on vauxhall-scotland incase anyone notices any parts for sale.

Hopefully it wont come to that and you get her back in one piece!

thanks mate ' did have one guy from up that one ringing me about her
not so long ago :cry: :cry:

muzzy
19-10-07, 05:50 PM
no problem, hope you get it back!

Paul
19-10-07, 07:02 PM
that is **** news!

Steve
19-10-07, 07:17 PM
Hope you get it back, but if the worst happens have you got an agreed value on the insurance?

kevster
19-10-07, 07:21 PM
Hope you get it back, but if the worst happens have you got an agreed value on the insurance?

no i haven got agreed value :(

Bubba
20-10-07, 07:07 AM
saw a link 2 this on cav crazy. makes me sick people thinking that its ok to take other peoples stuff.

squash their balls with a nice garlic crusher :D

dannyb
20-10-07, 12:01 PM
Only just seen this Kev mate. I'll keep an eye and ear out round Bognor/Littlehampton/Chichester way for you.

lee02
20-10-07, 12:37 PM
really gutted for you mate ill keep my eyes open on ebay for you

Jim Mcrae
20-10-07, 12:43 PM
That sucks mate:( I hate these people scum of the earth, makes me glad i live in the middle of the country, all the best hope you get the car back and find out what cnut did it.

kevster
20-10-07, 02:38 PM
still no sine of her .
really am stating to lose my cool now , makeing me think wether to bother with the blue nova nothings safe .
the jyj was well belled up to :(

carls nova sri
20-10-07, 03:34 PM
if i was you i would start looking around for a tracker. after so many peoples novas on here have been going missing im thinking of getting one

Dave.
20-10-07, 05:39 PM
go round the local recovery firms kev.. because i work at one i know somwtimes it can tale upto a week or even 2 to find out who owns it.. run round all the recovery places and try the local dibble station too matey :thumb:

RJM25R
20-10-07, 06:06 PM
tracker-get one. ?250 quid well spent

kevster
21-10-07, 11:14 AM
tracker-get one. ?250 quid well spent

i will be havein one of these on the blue nova :thumb:

Nick
21-10-07, 11:29 AM
Snap-off steering wheels are also a nice idea !

I have a 2nd car that i might have to sell soon, because every night i go to bed worrying about wether it's still going to be there in the morning.

Really sorry to hear this bad news. Hope you get it back ! Good luck.

*Also posted on a local site (Bunch of us that do trackdays) It's in the lancashire area so i hope that helps cover a bit more of the uk*

Mike
21-10-07, 11:36 AM
Snap-Off steering wheel boss, ?39 delivered from Los Angeles ;)

mowgli
21-10-07, 11:38 AM
In my experience, keep looking close to home, pester the police, talk to local radio phone in shows(the sort that old folk listen to, they are very nosey, & notice things).

as for security devices, make your own immobiliser, all commercial ones can be bypassed way too easily. if you take the right relay out, the car won't work. It saved my old one from a sustained 6 week long theft attempt, because some idiot at the local garage had told his mates how fast it went.

mov3d
24-10-07, 10:03 PM
Bummer, i just sent you you a PM about buying this:(

Never mind, i hope it turns up.

novahotrod
24-10-07, 11:43 PM
fu**in w****rs mate hope u get it back soon

just vaux trev
24-10-07, 11:46 PM
been watching the thread any news yet bud

kevster
25-10-07, 06:14 PM
no news mate , shes gone ! not happy at all ,
i will have to get my finger out and do the blue one now !!
but its had when you lose so much money :(

gazz
25-10-07, 06:21 PM
feel so sorry for you mate.its totally gut renching when it hapens to you.

ReeceH
25-10-07, 07:32 PM
****ing **** that like! i always worry about this sort of thing too. like another lad said, make your own immoboliser. wether its, fuel pump on a hidden switch, take the plug lead off the coil, remove a certain relay, unplug the ecu and take it inside your house with you,ect....

Mike
25-10-07, 07:59 PM
****ing **** that like! i always worry about this sort of thing too. like another lad said, make your own immoboliser. wether its, fuel pump on a hidden switch, take the plug lead off the coil, remove a certain relay, unplug the ecu and take it inside your house with you,ect....

Or just buy a Snap-off wheel :thumb:

scott.parker
25-10-07, 08:01 PM
OK OK Mike we got it you bought a Snap-off wheel! lol lol

Mike
25-10-07, 08:20 PM
OK OK Mike we got it you bought a Snap-off wheel! lol lol

lol lol

Well, what im saying is, why feck around with all these little niggle switches & associated shizzle :thumb:

burgo
25-10-07, 09:31 PM
lol lol

Well, what im saying is, why feck around with all these little niggle switches & associated shizzle :thumb:because if someone wants your car they will case it and see it has a snap off steering wheel and therefore bring there own steering wheel to put on

Jack
25-10-07, 09:35 PM
Or hock up the front wheels and tow it away lol

Teggy
25-10-07, 10:24 PM
i think tracker sounds the best idea lol

shame that nova was sooooooo nice

womble sri
25-10-07, 10:32 PM
bad one matey ill keep a look out but doubt it will turn up this way! was it all insured and did it have a proper alarm? probably kids joyriding as novas are targeted

Ash
25-10-07, 10:58 PM
Didn't even no about this till RJ mentioned it. Right ****er :( It was (hopefully still is) the ideal looking nova.

Instead of a snap-off steering wheel, how about something that snaps-off something from the thief....

Failing that THIS (http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-6902779649280024914&q=car+flame+thrower+africa&total=1&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0)will do

ReeceH
26-10-07, 12:29 AM
Or just buy a Snap-off wheel :thumb:
buy....... lol

you could unplug your ecu for free lol

L33 LEG
26-10-07, 01:35 AM
gutted mate, hope you get it back in one piece.

such a nice nova, yours was the car that insired me to get my car looking like it is

Dave.
27-10-07, 09:40 PM
any news kev?

Lee-170
27-10-07, 09:46 PM
jelousy it 2 blame and its a s***er probly lil chavs really anoys me

just vaux trev
27-10-07, 10:02 PM
no news mate , shes gone ! not happy at all ,
i will have to get my finger out and do the blue one now !!
but its had when you lose so much money :(

i know i had a mint silk violet gsi a few years back still never seen one as tidy
and some *mack head nicked it and wraped it round a post went to see it next day at recovery place and near cryed when i saw the state it was in
thats why im building a rep now want it as close to as pos 1st thing i did
when i got this one was phone clifford and second day i had it had clifford fitted
there is always hope, but just hope you dnt find it in the same state mine was
good luck, hope the blue one goes well:thumb:

Spudly
30-10-07, 10:28 AM
Any new on this one yet Kev?

LEWI007
30-10-07, 01:34 PM
OMFG what a shame nothing turned up yet ?

kevster
30-10-07, 06:41 PM
Any new on this one yet Kev?

not a word mate .

Mike
30-10-07, 06:42 PM
not a word mate .

Sh1t mate.

kevster
30-10-07, 06:50 PM
Sh1t mate.

yeah someone round here were i live know's somethink.
but not saying anythink !!!

Mike
30-10-07, 06:53 PM
yeah someone round here were i live know's somethink.
but not saying anythink !!!

Its the same with our neighbours in my street...they know who done mine over but wont say anything. Gutted for you mate

kevster
30-10-07, 06:57 PM
when or should i say if i get my hands on them i will ' well you know .

i will show them how i feel about it

kevster
30-10-07, 06:57 PM
f ing wan***S

adam c
30-10-07, 07:05 PM
absolutely gutted for you.some little barstewards tried knicking mine on saturday night(even though it had a big dislock and a handbrake and gear lever lock on it)they popped the lock and damaged the door,rumaged inside and only nicked the cig lighter:confused: hope they get what they deserve!;)

dave.gsi
30-10-07, 07:31 PM
fcuking c*nts.

^^ i had the same thing to me a few years ago. got in by bending the door back, all they could nick was the harness pads and fcuking floor mats! must say the disklock is without doubt the best thing ive ever bought, cost me ?85 when i was 18. its been on every car ive ever owned and out of all of them, 3 have been broken into, but none have ever been stolen. your average tithead car thief hasnt got a clue how to get it off.

i remember the last time it hapened, i came out in the morning to go to work and my gsi had its door wide open. there was a few cd's missing and two big fcuk off footprints either side of the disklock on the dashboard. the steering wheel was as bent as dale winton but the disklock was still attached. the pikey b.astards must have had both legs on the dash ragging the disklock but it never gave in. without it i'm pretty sure my car would have been missing in the morning :mad:

Mike
30-10-07, 07:54 PM
^ there well easy to get around, cut them in half with a blow torch

Dave.
30-10-07, 08:03 PM
use what ive got, a big 5mm chain lol

BongMong
30-10-07, 08:28 PM
Unlucky.. pretty sick infact..

just out of interest, what security did it have?

dave.gsi
30-10-07, 08:38 PM
^ there well easy to get around, cut them in half with a blow torch

....checklist for stealing cars...

1.large screwdriver

2.gloves

3.blowtorch (!)

how many people go stealing cars with a mobile blowtorch?!........none

and even if they did happen to drag around a mobile torch and a couple of gas bottles the noise/light and time it would take would alert the whole street lol

Mike
30-10-07, 08:42 PM
how many people go stealing cars with a mobile blowtorch?!........none

:tard: you obviously have no idea what happened to my SR.......

P.S. Google "Peizo Torch" ;) there the size of a Lynx can :P

dave.gsi
30-10-07, 09:12 PM
well im guessing by that it was cut off with a blowtorch:wtf:

all i can say to that is it sure as hell wasnt an oppertunist theif who took it, which is the case with 99% of car theft.

i just think youve been pretty fcking unlucky!

scott.parker
30-10-07, 09:50 PM
well im guessing by that it was cut off with a blowtorch:wtf:

all i can say to that is it sure as hell wasnt an oppertunist theif who took it, which is the case with 99% of car theft.

i just think youve been pretty fcking unlucky!

lol lol lol you can say that again Dave!
Twice in fact he has..

Martin
31-10-07, 04:41 AM
Still not found?

a mates vxr was stolen the other nite..

looks like a few cars are been stolen to order..

novaboy_1985
01-11-07, 01:27 PM
Hi mate, Thats harsh whats happened. I live in crawley, west sussex so i will keep my eyes peeled, i'll also spread the word around. Any news, u'll know. Regards, Adam

Kev Turbo
02-11-07, 04:27 PM
U think it cud be someone who came to view the car while it was for sale, they might have wanted to find there way around it then come back amd steal it??

Anyway gutted for you as was a really good example.

Stanley
02-11-07, 05:08 PM
My mate had his 106GTi broken into.

They used a high powered drill and drilled the drivers lock. Such minimal damage but still got in and took the CD Player etc. Lots of ??? worth.

Gutted to hear about the Nova like. Thats Major pants.

I remain optimistic though. I reckon youl get it back.

kevster
02-11-07, 05:53 PM
U think it cud be someone who came to view the car while it was for sale, they might have wanted to find there way around it then come back amd steal it??

Anyway gutted for you as was a really good example.
noone looked at her :(

kevster
02-11-07, 05:54 PM
its been over 2 weeks now :(

i get so bored now when its dry outside .

Spudly
03-11-07, 04:15 PM
Thats sooo bad that youve not seen or heard anything by now, have you tried bashing the heads of the local chavs surely they might have seen or know something about it?

d171jvf
03-11-07, 06:41 PM
still not heard anything! shame pal, looked lovely, even considered buying it before this thread popped up.

anything been settled with the insurance or anything yet? i suppose if you get the payout it could only lead to bigger and better things?

kevster
08-11-07, 06:54 PM
just to say still no sine , but thanks for the coments and help

Adam
08-11-07, 07:02 PM
Not looking good :(

kevster
08-11-07, 07:03 PM
Not looking good :(

nope i give up im reallly thinking about just getting rid of every think even the blue one:(

carls nova sri
08-11-07, 08:38 PM
don't do that your letting them beat you now

DTR-DEVIL
08-11-07, 11:54 PM
Aww man, saw this on PistonHeads little while ago, lovely car mate! Hope u get it back!

sr_nova_joe
09-11-07, 12:07 AM
good luck with the search m8,thats crap news wot *******s

Spudly
10-11-07, 05:06 PM
Nooo dont give up mate as then you will end up with nothing if you give in to the "if i have something shiny then it will just get stolen" philosophy, keep on with your blue one mate but just make sure its secured to the floor or something like that so it cant even be towed or dragged away!!

djdommyp
25-04-08, 04:52 PM
sorry to hear about your loss mate but Dont give up , You will only regret it otherwise just when u start with the blue one do all the security aspects first :) , Good luck with trying to find i mate !!

kevster
25-04-08, 05:04 PM
still no sine not even of bits :(