PDA

View Full Version : Townies

Dave_Hay
21-06-02, 01:04 AM
lol u know u hate em all so have a look at this site a friend sent me on msn

http://www.towniehaters.com/

ade
21-06-02, 12:49 PM
interesting to see the infamous "ned" in the list under Glasgow. I think most of em live or congregate around my street!

We had a running battle the other night between the asian street cruisers and a bunch of pissed neds. Got to the point where they were throwing bottles at each other and chasing each other with wooden battons ripped from shop fronts!

Fucking mental. best bit was when the cops arrives - 3 black riot vans and 4 squad cars (at 2am) with sirens blazing. It was the way the cops handled it that was interesting though. My area is mainly asian. the minute the cops showed up the asians (about 5 of em) were totally surrounded by about 15 cops - whilst the neds on the other side of the road (about 20 of em) were pinned back by 2 cops. Within literally 2 minutes of the police arriving, every asian in the area had decended to the scene - there were even cars pulling up with cb antenna showing up fort gods sake - like reinforcements. Whilst the neds remained "quiet" on the far side of the road (those that remained - most legged it) - the ever growing asian group started encircling the now 30 strong police group and all started talking/shouting etc at the same time. The noise was mental. One of the cars on the street got damaged by flying glass ( well modded toyota celica ) so the cops were a little concerned (not)
Dunno wot happened after that - think a couple got arrested.
It just amazed me how certain cultures stick together - all these asian fathers, guys you'd only see in mosques etc just appearing trying the vouch for the respectfullness of these guys who minutes earlier were going at each other with bottles!

Crazy...

Ste_Nova
21-06-02, 01:44 PM
why wern't you out helping the pissheads
p.s. when was the last time you were in a mosque

ade
22-06-02, 03:01 PM
wasnt out helping coz I was in bed alseep when it all kicked off - aint that brave either!

Not been in a mosque but from the way these guys were dressed and knowing wot holy men look like (seen enough of them in our area) also knowing that most mosques on a friday hold midnight services instantly recognised them in the crowd.

Ade