PDA

View Full Version : Clear Light Clusters

Anonymous
24-10-00, 12:43 PM
I have noticed the really cool rear light clusters in some magazines and on some cars going around but I want to know if they are legal enough to pass an MOT and how easy or hard a job it is to fit them onto my car.

Anonymous
24-10-00, 01:38 PM
If you have a nova, its reasonably easy. Inside the boot is a panel by the light, unscrew it and push it out from the inside, then slot the new clear ones inside.
They ARE legal, as long as you have coloured bulbs, otherwise everything will be white!
They will pass an MOT, if not ask why and demand a free re-test.

Anonymous
24-10-00, 01:54 PM
cgonzalez, Clear Rear lights for a Nova are NOT LEGAL i repeat NOT LEGAL. They are not e-marked and therefore dont pass the required motor vehicle standards. If you want to put them on your car it is at your own risk. If you are stopped by the police they will do you for em and will have strong ground to stand on. (ive got em on my Nova and have never been stopped). its up to you if u want to take the risk. they DO NOT PASS THE MOT test. The let down with the clear clusters is the lack of a rear fog light. a red bulb is not bright enough and wont over come the problem. Oh and Geoff, to get them on your car you'll need an 8mm socket.

Anonymous
24-10-00, 02:16 PM
James is right, they are NOT legal, no e marking, and the reflectors are white so reflect white light and not red, i have never been stopped for having them, but know people in manchester that have. to fix this they have had to put red lense repair tape over the white reflector. Also everything that james said as well.

Anonymous
24-10-00, 04:10 PM
Cheers for the help guys!

Anonymous
24-10-00, 06:50 PM
mine are leagal!