PDA

View Full Version : No brakes on XE!

db_1.2
16-10-07, 07:33 PM
I got my XE nova running tonight, drove it but when i drive it and go to brake SOMETIMES (only somtimes) the pedal will go right down and nothing will happen, i have 300mm ATE setup on front with braided lines and rear drums with standard lines, and standard servo, im hoping its not a leak anywhere as i have had this problem before. Another thing is the engine doesnt like to idle with the vacum pipe in the servo but when you take it out it idles fine and the brake pedal stiffens right up but obviously doesnt work, no fluid has been lost either:confused: is it as simple as bleeding it? I hope so!

gazz
16-10-07, 08:06 PM
did you bleed it all wen it was fitted?
not to make you sound stupid, just wondering :D

db_1.2
16-10-07, 08:08 PM
Nope, didnt see the point, brakes worked fine before the engine conversion, calipers, hoses, nothing to do with the braking was removed, bar the servo vacuuuuuum

gazz
16-10-07, 08:17 PM
mmmm,
check all lines for leak possibly...

db_1.2
16-10-07, 08:19 PM
I cant see it being a leak although the symptons sound likely, the reason i say i think its not a leak is becuase there is no loss of fluid in the filler (or technical word!) and pressure it ok sometimes, when the pedal is ''pumped'' pressure is ok

greg1.4
16-10-07, 08:40 PM
i would bleed them again..

db_1.2
16-10-07, 08:42 PM
i would bleed them again..

Lol i think ill give it a try but why would i need to if nothing was ever disconected in the first place?

Welsh Dan
16-10-07, 11:00 PM
To rule out air in the system.

craig green
17-10-07, 10:41 AM
Is the one way valve in the servo pipe the right way around? Or could it have failed? You should only be able to suck air through it in one direction? (arrowed)

Which leads to the question, is the servo OK. does it hiss after you turn the engine off & pump the pedal? After the pedal has gone hard, you should be able to start the engine again & feel the pedal sink a bit more.

Stuart
17-10-07, 10:52 AM
traditional servo failiure is a mega mega hard pedal.

craig green
17-10-07, 10:54 AM
Aye. I had 3 fail before I figured out it was the non-return valve.

joff-turbo-nova
17-10-07, 09:18 PM
If you're messing with the brakes I would get a new master cylinder if you are losing pedal occasionally .

Better to have a bit of hassle changing the master cylinder then go though a hedge/wall/fence because your brakes have failed.

My 2p anyway!

Joff

Lee
17-10-07, 09:22 PM
Sounds like classic MS failiure to me. Happened on the SR and its scary sh1t!

db_1.2
17-10-07, 10:04 PM
Sounds like classic MS failiure to me. Happened on the SR and its scary sh1t!

I think it could be the ms, bled the system today, set idle higher and seems to be ok:thumb: