PDA

View Full Version : tyre choice..

gazz
15-10-07, 11:08 PM
looking at new tyres anyone got any thoughts on the
toyo proxes t1s

Jack
15-10-07, 11:09 PM
Spend a couple of quid more and get the T1-R. Similar, if not the same level of grip, but also a harder compound so last more than 5k lol

gazz
15-10-07, 11:17 PM
mmmm, 200 quid a set not bad..
cheers rj :thumb:

Adam
15-10-07, 11:44 PM
Uniroyal rainsports

scott.parker
15-10-07, 11:47 PM
I say Toyo's, kick the Shizz out of my yokos anyday..

Scott

Ste L
15-10-07, 11:48 PM
used to use khumo ecsta sport's on the old valver, they seamed good for the price..

currenly got t1r's on the back of the corsa at the mo, just need to kill the cheapo fronts, so i can swap fronts to back, and get some more decent one's.. and see how they are

gazz
16-10-07, 12:27 AM
just ordered a set of t1r...
i:thumb:

Jack
16-10-07, 08:19 AM
mmmm, 200 quid a set not bad..
Yikes! Is that 16"?

I've got Kumhos on mine at the mo, Ecsta Supra 712, which are supposed to be their "ultra high performance tyre" from their old line up. If you want to slide all over the shop with no grip, I recommend them. In the dry they're bad, in the wet they're positively dangerous (although they are a summer tyre)! Thats on a heavy 4wd car though, they might be better on a lighter vehicle.

Stuart
16-10-07, 08:40 AM
Yikes! Is that 16"?

I've got Kumhos on mine at the mo, Ecsta Supra 712, which are supposed to be their "ultra high performance tyre" from their old line up. If you want to slide all over the shop with no grip, I recommend them. In the dry they're bad, in the wet they're positively dangerous (although they are a summer tyre)! Thats on a heavy 4wd car though, they might be better on a lighter vehicle.

they will be worse on a light car!!!!

Hankook RS2's are good. the rears are wearing well on mine... done 7K (including spinning about on an air field and a couple of sessions at coombe on an action day) and they still have a good 3-4mm left but are a little odd in the wet after a long dry period as the rubber cooks off a bit.

gazz
16-10-07, 10:16 AM
Yikes! Is that 16"?

no thats for 15's..thats with delivery too