PDA

View Full Version : C20NE Nova starting problems

Lee H
14-10-07, 07:08 PM
Bought this car the other week and for some reason I now seem to have a wiring problem of some sort. Car was originally a 1.2 SPi and that loom is still there. The wiring had been bodged so I tidied it up a bit, wired the rev counter in and soldered all the joints.

The car starts up and then idles for a few seconds then the ECU light comes on and it just cuts out. It will then start again but do the same thing immediately.

The engine loom has a plug for a lambda but no lambda in the exhaust but it was running like this when I got it but the ECU light wasn't wired up and is now.

The ECU was originally located next to the battery and able to get damp but I have now moved it into the car along with the fuel pump relay etc.

Any ideas as I don't know anything about these engines and its probably going to end up being removed in favour of an XE but need to get it running first.

Cheers

Adam
14-10-07, 07:17 PM
Still got probs then.

Hmm
Will it carry on running if you hold the throttle open?
Flash the fault code out, probably icv.

Lee H
14-10-07, 07:29 PM
Won't run with the throttle open either, just seems to cut immediately the ECU light comes on.

Got the turbo running today though, one down one to go!!

Adam
14-10-07, 07:34 PM
Good news on the turbo :)

Find the brown/yellow wire in the ecu to car wiring plugs, earth the wire to flash the fault codes out.

Lee H
14-10-07, 07:39 PM
Will have a go tomorrow, had enough of cars today!!

Adam
14-10-07, 07:43 PM
Lol

Lee H
16-10-07, 08:46 AM
Tried reading the fault codes last night but as soon as you touch the wire to earth the light goes out and won't come back on until you turn the ignition off and on again. Thus making it impossible to read the codes?