PDA

View Full Version : my brake warning light on dash

novaSRi
20-06-02, 09:31 AM
Ive been told that this light usually comes on accidently, this light (!) next to the handbrake light. Ive got brake fluid full, so its not that. And if it came on accidently through harsh braking then shouldn't it switch off. The light has stayed on for about 4 days now. I want to take it to a garage to get it sorted but have had so much trouble in the past with garages saying i need this and that when i dont.

Any way, HELP

cheers.

ade
20-06-02, 11:22 AM
seen this post (or 1 similar) somewhere before recently :?:

If the ( ! ) light is on on the dash and yer fluids ok try checking the sensor in the fluid tank (wires etc) maybe faulty.

Others had other suggestions - thing is cannae find where the post was???

Sorry m8

d0gz_bollox
20-06-02, 07:58 PM
aha, your solution to that ade, is to click on novaSRi's name, then when his profile pops up, click on view all posts and its on there. clever ay?

jatinder
20-06-02, 09:15 PM
You have quite a few problems wiv ur car judging by the numbers of posts ive had my sri for about a 10 months now and its pretty reilable and it done 120,000 mile on the orininal engine still qiuck too! Hope you get them all sorted

CP
20-06-02, 10:34 PM
If your brake resevoir is full then it is likely that the sender in the cap is faulty. Borrow a m8s/go to a scrappy and swap it on to it to see if that sorts it. If the problem still persists you need to check the wiring for damage and shorts.
Just a final thought, are there brake pad wear sensors fitted to SRi's?? :?: