PDA

View Full Version : xe water hoses this ok!?

alan b
13-10-07, 05:14 PM
hey lads my xe has been diving perfect since the conversion and stays at half temp always, today i took off the drivers side heater matrix hose to see if its getting worn by the manifold, but when i took it off the was no water coming out of it, it was bone dry! i have ran the bottom hose off the header bottle straight into the side of the head, as the redtop plastic pipe i have had no insert for it, is this ok? or will i damage anything doing this? its not over heating or anything. cheers

Philsutton
13-10-07, 07:58 PM
^^ thats incorrect. Here is how it should be plumbed up. The left hand side heater matrix goes to the rear black plastic pipe on the back of the engine, the right hand side heater matrix pipe goes to the side of the head, the bottom of the header tank then goes to the other black plastic pipe on the rear of the engine. If its not done like this then it wont flow through the matrix an thus wont heat up.

alan b
13-10-07, 11:25 PM
i was thinking that as my heater isnt working! trouble is trying to find a redtop 3 outlet black pipe is hard in ireland is v difficult, could i use my old nova gsi one? also will running it this way for the moment have any risk of over heating? cheers.

Philsutton
14-10-07, 10:24 AM
You dont need a 3 outlet one? only one pipe off the heater matrix goes on to and the header tank one.

alan b
14-10-07, 12:09 PM
ah cheers bud!