PDA

View Full Version : Roll cages

Anonymous
24-10-00, 11:19 AM
does anyone know where I can find a safty devices roll cage and how much it will cost me. I only want it bolted in but a full cage (front and rear) is essential.

Anonymous
24-10-00, 11:49 AM
I presume this is for the rally car,are you aware you may need the corect sized strengthening plates welding to the shell where the cage bolts on? Just in case you didn't know it may not pass the scrutineers without them, it would be a shame to fit the cage then have to remove it again later to fit these plates. Hope I am not telling you stuff you already know, cheers Paul.

Anonymous
24-10-00, 12:11 PM
The cheapest I found was peter lloyd rallying for a multi point SD cage. It did however take safety devices 3 months and 3 attempts at sending me a complete (brakets not welded on etc)and undamaged cage! Oh and parcel force managed to misplace one!

Anonymous
24-10-00, 01:25 PM
Cheers paul, Im not a member of my local car club yet so i guess i should join. that list of regs i dont have at the munite. if u have one on computer could u mail me it. My address is

mattfitz66@hotmail.com

Anonymous
24-10-00, 01:50 PM
I don't know alot, but I have read some things on rally preperation. The rules can be very strict as to what you can and can't do for certain classes. You don't want to go wasting all your money on things like engine mods if the regulations won't alow it. Some things you will need are cage, seats, harnesses, fireproofs, posibly extinguisher, main batery switch, helmet all approved (FIA i think). You definately need to know the regulations clearly before you start any mods. Try your local motor club, i think you can buy the latest regs book if you join a club, I think it is called the blue book? I think you need to apply for a motorsport licence aswell? Does anybody else know where to find out?

Anonymous
24-10-00, 06:30 PM
Anyone know where to get at a polished one cos im thinking in the long run but i'll eventually get one so who knows where to get one. It should be functional cos its a bit pointless shelling out for a roll cage and it only looks pretty and wont save my neck.
thanks
gaz

Anonymous
25-10-00, 08:20 AM
Polished alloy rollcages are about as much practical use as a chocolate tea pot. They may look good (well some people think they do) but having witnessed first hand how much a proper FIA approved steel one can deform in an accident I wouldn't fit an alloy one and expect it to give any sort of protection.

Anonymous
25-10-00, 09:59 AM
Fish I had a read up on my road ralling book, the first rule is simply, join a motor club! it seems to be just about essential for advice, licences etc.

Anonymous
25-10-00, 06:38 PM
well i'll ditch the polished idea then and it can got in before a respray and be the same colour as the car

PRICE FOR ROLLCAGE!!
the price for a nova safty devices cage(demon tweeks 99) is for a 6 point clubman cage cage is from ?164-no more info
sorry u'll have to ring em

Sparco cages ?286 and ?213
if you ralling get the motorsport catalouge its got shitloads of stuff in

gaz