PDA

View Full Version : ARCHES HELP

chriswonline
20-06-02, 12:24 AM
Hi all need HELP!

Got a set of wheels, 195/45/15's with et40 offset :cry: and lowered -40mm, so yes rub rub!! Is there any bodyshops in the BOURNEMOUTH area that anyone knows which will roll the two back arches for a fair price! Or any other ideas!

Cheers Chris

ade
20-06-02, 01:18 AM
how much rub rub u getting? U could roll them (or grind them back) yerself if u felt confident enough.

Dunno bout shops in yer area try local yellow pages under body shops/car repairs (sorry if obvious :oops: )

Ade

?Marty?
20-06-02, 02:44 PM
Depends on the state of the arches too. If there's the lsightest hint of rust or filler, they won't touch them (for rolling).

Grind them back.

chriswonline
20-06-02, 06:43 PM
Rite, on of the rear arches is a little rusty, so you rekon grind them back!?

ade
20-06-02, 10:15 PM
depends how much rust - can u take a pic and post it?

is it surface rust or has it eaten right through (crumbly n weak metal)

Ade

chriswonline
20-06-02, 10:48 PM
Its pretty bad surface rust, but the inner arch is pretty tough still! only a little and i mean little weaker than others! How much will have to be rolled up? With 195/45/15 Et40!?
If no rolling then how and where exactly do i grind? Is it just the lip most of the way around, because I think the arches will be wide enough (JUST)! Oh and I will still be able to lower by 35m wont I!?

Cheers Chris

Anonymous
21-06-02, 11:56 AM
is it a mk1 or mk2, on a mk2 you will be fine with minimal arch mods, on a mk1 youll have to get them well and truly back out of the way.

If they are rusty though, like has been said, it will not be pretty.

chip

chriswonline
21-06-02, 12:15 PM
MK1 :( So rekon the bodyshop will roll them!? How much shall I look to pay?! And if not, then how and where do I grind?!
Cheers Chris

Anonymous
21-06-02, 12:22 PM
i personally wouldnt grind them, if i was goign to diy it id sooner beat them back with a hammer, at least they still ahve the extra metal then.

Rolling is probablygoign to cost 20 quid a side or something, but its the repaint afterwards etc that makes it pricey on a car that is starting to rust.

Chip