PDA

View Full Version : steering wheel problems HELP

sr power
11-10-07, 08:50 PM
problem that i have got is when driving 2.0 ltr 16v nova hard round roundabouts is i seem to be knocking the tracking out.Its happening every now and again its happened 3 times in 2months. the steering rack is moving on its mounts under load. There use to be a company called TAS motorsport that sold uprated mounts 4 rack on a nova but cant find them think they went bust. PLEASE can someone help or have people had same problems?????:roll:

Philsutton
11-10-07, 08:53 PM
have you got a nice scuff mark on your drivers sie inner wing and a damaged alternator?

sr power
11-10-07, 09:10 PM
no the bay welded and alternator has room to sit lol doesnt touch anything y??

sr power
11-10-07, 09:12 PM
put add in general chat but thought you lot can help???:roll: everytime push 16v nova hard on roundabout throws trackin out help need better rack or something???

tom reid
12-10-07, 12:10 AM
Is the rack moving about within its mount, or susp bushes worn or balljoints or...

Will F
12-10-07, 08:42 AM
moving the tracking out? Are you sure?

It it is, firstly check its all tight and check for bush wear...

You can get alloy rack mounts from Eurorallye.co.uk for ?35

carls nova sri
12-10-07, 09:31 PM
check that your front cross member aint rottern as it could be pulling the tie bars out of possision and making your tracking go out

Clean 2.0 nova
12-10-07, 09:40 PM
I can't see how the steering rack can move on its mounts to be honest. Could it be that the rack is very old and slipping, the rack and pinion are pushed together by a big spring - though I would say this is also doubtfull. Are both wheels shifting angle together i.e. keeping parrallel, or is it your toe in / out angle that is being affected?