PDA

View Full Version : Corsa B lower arms on nova?

P Whack
11-10-07, 06:39 PM
Just rea that on a rally car they put corsa B lower arms on as they are wider is this true and what difference would it make/

Ash
11-10-07, 06:41 PM
corsa track is wider, they will fit but your have mega camber lol

What you probably read was that corsa arms are stronger as they have the strengthing plate underneath

Paul
11-10-07, 06:49 PM
you can plate the nova arms like the corsa ones like htis:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/lashednova/DSC04524.jpg

Adam
11-10-07, 06:50 PM
I dont see how the strengthening plates can make any difference at all?

Discuss

P Whack
11-10-07, 06:54 PM
Have found the one it says because they are wider not stronger
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-NOVA-RALLY-CAR_W0QQitemZ230180122784QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item2 30180122784

Lee
11-10-07, 06:56 PM

Discuss

They do actually flex under a lot of load. You can test this by clamping them in a vice and putting pressure on the other end via a breaker bar :D

Philsutton
11-10-07, 06:57 PM
^^ it helps to bend the chasis legs when you curb it. IMO the nova ones are good as if you do accidently crash it then you bang another on an job done, with the corsa B it bends the chasis 9/10 times. Vauxhall then went back to weak corsa c ones which give way first.

Also the camber will be crazy with corsa ones on a nova, have done it before but it killed the tyres very quickly.

Paul
11-10-07, 06:57 PM

Discuss

It just does :p

Adam
11-10-07, 07:00 PM
It just does :p
Cheers for the engineering explanation :D lol

P Whack
11-10-07, 07:02 PM
Much appreciated is it worth it for a wider track?

Philsutton
11-10-07, 07:06 PM
It doesnt widen the track (really) just the angle the wheel sits out, will help you go round corners on a track but anything is it will just drive like a ****.

Adam
11-10-07, 07:07 PM
It wont give a wider track, as your still using the nova track arms...

It will just push the bottom of the wheel out.
Edit-Damn, Phillip beat me

Ash
12-10-07, 12:10 AM
^^ it helps to bend the chasis legs when you curb it. IMO the nova ones are good as if you do accidently crash it then you bang another on an job done, with the corsa B it bends the chasis 9/10 times. Vauxhall then went back to weak corsa c ones which give way first.

Also the camber will be crazy with corsa ones on a nova, have done it before but it killed the tyres very quickly.

Is it fine for on-purpose crashes then?;) lol

Basically to clean up, DO NOT use corsa ones, I can't open ebay pages atm but I guess the advert means corsa B, not corsa A.

This is one of my TCA's, useful for track, not so great on a daily

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/6919/dsc00712qw6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

carls nova sri
12-10-07, 09:40 PM
no because if you strenthen it up it will do damage to the chassie where as if you leave it standard when you do hit kit a kerb or something it will only damage the arm. you can easily buy a new arm as it is to a shell

Saloony
12-10-07, 09:48 PM
Well im the exception to the rule that you lot are trying to make, i hit a kerb, bent the wheel, bent the lower arm and yes that right the chassis rail too.

carls nova sri
12-10-07, 09:52 PM
if its strengthened then the bottom arm's not doing it's job it's then putting strain and more force on the chassie

craig green
12-10-07, 10:04 PM
Above is true, however in a hard shunt it'd take out the chassis leg.

The idea behind adding the plate is to stabilise the TCA under hard acceleration when coupled with uprated bushes or a rosejoint as per Ash's pic.

With the TCA's holding its true geometry better when having 150bhp + etc being put through them, aswell as maybe cornering forces, if they twist thetyres dont hold such a stable contact patch - poorer traction is the result.

Ash
12-10-07, 10:18 PM
This is one of my TCA's, useful for track, not so great on a daily

no because if you strenthen it up it will do damage to the chassie where as if you leave it standard when you do hit kit a kerb or something it will only damage the arm. you can easily buy a new arm as it is to a shell

I don't know if anyone noticed but there's no curbs to hit on the track...

carls nova sri
12-10-07, 10:28 PM
while saying kerbing it was just for an example

Philsutton
13-10-07, 08:01 PM
Its up to each individual really, if you find your one of these people thta cant drive an always hit kurbs then dont strengthen them but other than that gor for it.

There are so many corsas written off due to kurbing though, its funny.

Lee
13-10-07, 08:21 PM
TBH uprating the tie bar bushes helps a lot as well, its that which regulates the 'backward/forward' movement of the TCA. Wheen Hayley smacked a kerb in the SR as I was shouting 'BRAKE BRAAAAAKE' she managed to actually straighten the bend in the tie bar, but the bushes in the TCA protected the TCA and chassis from damage lol

Philsutton
13-10-07, 08:32 PM
Nava ones are quite shocking lol, I think uprating all the bushes front end will do a world of good.