PDA

View Full Version : immobiliser help

ianglanister
10-10-07, 12:10 PM
right ive got my van now for mobile valeting company but the chip is broke inside the key so it wont start as the immobiliser is on, anyone know how to bypass the immobiliser or know any good auto electricians that could put in a new chip and program it or bypass the immobiliser so i can start it, anyhelp appreciated. im located at wa12 9ra. thanks ian

carls nova sri
10-10-07, 12:16 PM
have you got the code for the key if so take it to your main dealer and they'll give you a new one

Adam
10-10-07, 12:53 PM
It cant be bypassed.

Get another chip programmed from a dealer or somewhere.

GRUNT 16V
10-10-07, 01:00 PM
as above its the only way

ianglanister
10-10-07, 01:13 PM
a mate is a mechanic and he has bypassed some before he has told me, just wondering if anyone on here can do it as he is busy alot of the time, also i cant get to a vaux main dealer as sold the nova last night and its a fair distance away.

Welsh Dan
10-10-07, 01:19 PM
Merseyside? ask a local lol.

On a more serious note, a main dealer is pretty much your only option unless you want to post off the ECU to have the immobiliser removed for about 200 earth pounds.

Adam
10-10-07, 01:31 PM
Afaik it is not possible to bypass it.
As the immobiliser pickup is programmed to look for a certain frequency code(the transponder), if thats not received it wont turn the immobiliser off.

I cant think of any possible way it could be bypassed? Its not as if its immobilising a wire, its the whole ecu.

Perhaps he meant hes bypassed normal immobilises( alarms etc)

Another option is go a scrappy and buy ecu/pickup/and transponder chip(they have to be a matching set), and fit those to your car.

Clean 2.0 nova
10-10-07, 04:40 PM
Three options:
1. Get key reprogrammed at vauxhall, assuming the chip isn't actually broken (more probably lost its code, they may need code)
2. Get ECU reprogrammed not to look for pickup signal - from what I've been told this costs a lot for the small bit of work they do.
3. Go to scrap yard and get Key+pickup+ECU from a vehicle with ECU that has exactly the same ECU number (not neccasserily just any vauxhall with the same engine).

It just goes to show that if you are relying on one key it's best to get a functioning spare ASAP - I know that isn't the case in this situation as he's just bought the car. I hope the car was cheap.