PDA

View Full Version : Little help. anyone good with computers?

Jcb
09-10-07, 05:57 PM
i just have this same problem coming up, whenever i pause a song on itunes, my cpu useage goes straight to 100% an freezes everything up for ages, start playing a song again and the cpu goes back down. i know this courtesy of a system monitor.
does it not seem strange that it wants to use more resources for doing nothing, than when it is actually doing something?

ahh fecking thing!

a good kick in the floppy should sort it out.

Stuart
09-10-07, 06:22 PM
iTunes is notoriously crap on a windows based machine but I'd have hoped it wouldnt do that much damage lol

Jack
09-10-07, 06:25 PM
Uninstall iTunes, crappy apple tat :D

<cue steve job's army of fanbois saying how great Macs are for graphic work lol>

Stuart
09-10-07, 06:27 PM
I dont do graphics :p

Jcb
09-10-07, 06:28 PM
i've reinstalled it about 4 times now. completely wiped it, reg keys etc all deleted.

piece of toss

Jack
09-10-07, 06:35 PM
gayest thing about iTunes is if you want Quicktime, you gotta get iTunes with it. Not sure if you can get the quicktime codecs seperately

I dont do graphics :p
Neither do Macs tbh lol

Stuart
09-10-07, 06:42 PM
youve seen my amazing Ps skillz.... paint is all thats needed my friend.

I assume you need itunes for an ipod... just get anapod

Jcb
09-10-07, 06:47 PM
yeh needed for ipod. brings me to my next problem, one headphone gave up the other day, using lots of different sets of headphones i've deducted that it's the jack connector in the ipod. manged to get the thing apart and tried bending the contacts inside the connector to see if it was a connection issue... well, i cleverly buggered it. only works in the nova now through the bottom connector!

so i got an ipod bespoke to the nova now! any reccomendations on alternatives for when i need headphones?

Stuart
09-10-07, 06:52 PM
there is the remote/radio attachment that plugs in the bottom that has a headphone socket that will work if the one on the main unit has failed.

if tis less than a year old send it back lol

Jcb
09-10-07, 07:12 PM
it's second hand... so seriously lack of any kind of valid warranty. :\

ah well...

bump
09-10-07, 07:15 PM
Macs are rubbish. End of, itunes is a homo option that has restrictive codecs as standard. Really its just to appease the i****ers that wish keep the pathetic company alive.

Bloody swear filter!

Jcb
09-10-07, 07:18 PM
haterrrr

we have to use macs occassionally at school. they suck.

supposedly amazing at movie editing, well i've just downloaded sony vegas. can't even discover how to being with using that, going to look for some tacky youtube course or something, but it's got to be better than iMovie.

bump
09-10-07, 07:25 PM
I truly hate the things, and I do design. The problem with the damn things is that they take the user out of the equation. makes things like RIP management so much harder, and when they go wrong your without them for ages.