PDA

View Full Version : Carb question.

dave.gsi
19-06-02, 11:37 AM
is there any marks or numbers on them which can tell me what carb it is, cos my new nova has got a different carb to my old one an i'm just curious as to what it is. also, its been fitted with a JR bolt on air filter an half way across the engine theres a little see through container with pipes at either end with some sort of liquid in......what the fcuk is it??????

cornish
19-06-02, 12:31 PM
If the Carb is a Weber, it will have Weber stamped on the vacuum advance bit. On the left hand side of the carb where the throtle linkage attaches there will be marks too, it will say 32/34 etc... under the the metal tag.

Where do the pipes go to from the liquid - Possibly an oil breather?

dave.gsi
19-06-02, 02:29 PM
the pipe goes into the carb so i'm assuming its a fuel pipe, just my old car never had one so i'm not too sure. if it is, whats the point of the little container bit?????

pukka-novasr
19-06-02, 06:33 PM
probas a fuel filter by the sounds of it, does the liquid look like petrol? :D

benji
19-06-02, 07:44 PM
do you mean the fuel vapor filter?
on the left hand side of the carb on a 1.3, the same carb(pierburg2e) ao the 1.4 dont have one but the 1.6 cav does
hope this helps if you can undeerstand any of it

ade
19-06-02, 11:13 PM
if the little clear thing looks like a funnel with a paper doiley/seive inside it and the liquid is sort of a very runny yellow its a basic fuel filter probably fitted by the prev owner (either that or yer novas got a mini colostomy bag :o ). I have a 1.2 carbed mk2 and I fitted a similar device (filter that is not piss pouch). Theyre about 99p from most motor factor shops - amazing the amount of shite they stop getting to yer jets.

If it looks like the paper seive in it is grubby probably best renewing it.

As for id'ing the carb sure the peibergs have a little id metal dog tag at the back of them - my new one did - stamped with Pieberg 1B1 and a ref code... :D

barnes
21-06-02, 05:42 AM
lol, whats the clear thing with pipes coming from it going to the carb, lol, ur not serious are you??????

its a......

fuel filter