PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another How Much Thread.

ANDYRACER
08-10-07, 07:45 PM
Alreet guys,

Need a general idea of price here cos im looking at selling my nova.

Some of you know the car, its a 1987 D reg Nova sr in Carmine red with 38k on the clock.

Spec:
1.3 sr engine with 32/34 carb, 4 branch and Ashley exhaust system with 3" tailpipe.

Suspension:
Spax dampers with 60mm spax springs.

Wheels/tyres:
Cavalier gsi rims refurbed in Rover Hurricane grey with federal 195/45x15".

Brakes:
256mm Ate 16v brakes.

Exterior:
Standard bodywork with bumpers and grill painted rover hurricane grey.
Spanish number plates.

Interior:
Mk2 Astra gte front seats, Stripped out rear, Gsi front doorcards.

Alarm:
Full alarm and immobiliser.

Problems:
I had a bump on the way back from combe so it has a mk2 wing on at the moment, bumper has cracked into 2, dint in the bonnet and orange repeater.
The drivers door has been bent back with a break in and there is a scuff down the back of the rear quarter where someone dragged a trailer down the quarter.
I have a brand new genuine mk1 wing, a 2nd hand bonnet and 2 brand new genuine doors to go with it.
Idealy could do with a respray but then it would be show worthy all day long.

Would also come with 12 months mot and 3 months tax.

Pics:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/ANDYRACER/Picture149.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/ANDYRACER/Picture124-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/ANDYRACER/Picture117-1.jpg

So guys any idea of the price i should be looking for?

carls nova sri
08-10-07, 07:47 PM
well um i say ?100 i'll come pick it up later haha. nah it's up to you how much have you spent on it

ANDYRACER
08-10-07, 07:49 PM
It stands me at about ?1600 at mo.

Lee
08-10-07, 07:50 PM
Youll get more back if you break it. If you want my opinion its worth no more than 800 quid as it stands Andy. Unless you find someone who wants to pay more for that particular style.

carls nova sri
08-10-07, 07:52 PM
well you could put it in at about ?2500 as long as it's mint an all plus you could drop if it don't sell. any more pics like under bonnet an boot corners

kevster
08-10-07, 07:53 PM
thats nice mate
people will pay what you ask if they want it

ANDYRACER
08-10-07, 07:54 PM
Youll get more back if you break it. If you want my opinion its worth no more than 800 quid as it stands Andy. Unless you find someone who wants to pay more for that particular style.

I cant see much stuff been worth breaking for.

And Carl:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/ANDYRACER/Picture122.jpg

Stuart
08-10-07, 08:29 PM
put a forsale thread up and see what happens :p

personally, no more than ?250.00 as its just a nova.

Ian_Gsi16v
08-10-07, 08:32 PM
Some people need to read the advert I think !

?2500 lol

I wouldn't pay more than ?400 with the following

Problems:
I had a bump on the way back from combe so it has a mk2 wing on at the moment, bumper has cracked into 2, dint in the bonnet and orange repeater.
The drivers door has been bent back with a break in and there is a scuff down the back of the rear quarter where someone dragged a trailer down the quarter.
I have a brand new genuine mk1 wing, a 2nd hand bonnet and 2 brand new genuine doors to go with it.
Idealy could do with a respray but then it would be show worthy all day long.

Lynsey
08-10-07, 08:34 PM
FFS Andy, that was a well nice car. If you still have the SR interior I reckon you should put that back in for a start. Stripped out road cars look a bit tatty IMO. It's well a shame about that :( What are you going to get next?

paul james
08-10-07, 08:43 PM
Worth about ?500 tops if the buyer has to get a new bumper, fix the rear quater, spray the replacement panels and probably the whole car to get it to match.
I'm presuming the panels you've got arent a colour match? get some current pictures up for a start, and is anything else at the front bent other than the bonnet?
Either get it fixed yoruself or be prepared to sell it for peanuts as theres not going to be that many people prepared to take on the time and expense of fixing it.