PDA

View Full Version : Alloys rad, which one?

BIGS
07-10-07, 10:18 PM
As im putting the rad in the back im going to need the cap ontop of the rad, Would i need a custom rad made up or has any car got one like this already made from factory. :confused:

Lee
07-10-07, 10:30 PM
you wont need a cap on the rad, just run a seperate header as usual. You wont find a rad with a cap on as theyre not designed for sealed pressurised systems.

BIGS
07-10-07, 10:31 PM
oh right ill do it like that then, cheers for the help

garyc
08-10-07, 01:26 PM
why are you putting the rad in the back?

BIGS
08-10-07, 01:32 PM
why not alot of rally boys do. and it will be abit more weight out of the front plus more room for the oil cooler. and the fact that its different and thats what i want my car to be. plus there is a good reason but ive forgot why my mates said it was

garyc
08-10-07, 06:32 PM
What car you running it in, one with no windows I hope? I think you'd be better running with a proper alloy racing rad. You'd be surprised how cool they keep the engine. On my autograss car with an ally cored std rad I had to use the fan but with a bigger cored alloy rad no fan at all and no boil over. You could probably do away with the oil cooler then. Plus you wont have the hassle and expense or running pipes inside your car. You'd be different having a nice piece of alloy rad up front rather than the std plastic ones.

BIGS
08-10-07, 07:33 PM
Yes that is true. But another thing the pipes going to the rad if its in the front will get in the way of my manifold so thats another reason i want it in the back.

ben lee
08-10-07, 07:49 PM
bmws and citroen and peugeots have the cap on the rad and some toyotas.

Philsutton
08-10-07, 07:54 PM
loads of cars come with caps on the rads? mainly rwd, like capris, bmw's ect... or did you mean something else?

BIGS
09-10-07, 09:39 AM
loads of cars come with caps on the rads? mainly rwd, like capris, bmw's ect... or did you mean something else?

Well not really thats sort of what i need to know thanks. Its just if the rad isnt going to be standing up and will be liyin flat so i need the cap on its side if you get me?

Philsutton
09-10-07, 07:12 PM
Ah I see, you best off just using a seperate head tank in the back as well. I looked at doing this but then filled the boot with the battery, fuel tank, pump, lines an nitrous lol.

BIGS
10-10-07, 02:05 PM
Oh a nice combo you got there then lol