PDA

View Full Version : turbo manifold

novacraig
07-10-07, 08:40 AM
hello there everyone

i was just wondering if anyonne could help me i am trying to look for a turbo manifold but the only place i know that sells them is MVAUX but there website is down could anyone help me thanks

craig

p.s it is for a 1.6 8v

Stuart
07-10-07, 08:49 AM
what are youre fabrication skills like?

You could knock a tubular one up if you have a welder and a bit of bottle :)

Philsutton
07-10-07, 10:14 AM
Agreed, I would be tempted to make my own it isnt actually that difficult.

General Baxter
07-10-07, 10:35 AM
the only place i know that sells them is MVAUX but there website is down could anyone help me thanks

thats becasue the amount of people going on there to get there e-mail to moan about warped manifolds lol

Mike
07-10-07, 11:49 AM
Agreed, I would be tempted to make my own it isnt actually that difficult.

Agreed, you can get the manifold to head flange from Demon Tweeks, then a T2 turbo flange from ebay, aswell as a T2 exhaust elbow from a Fiesta Turbo :thumb: then just fabricate an exhaust down pipe up to mate with the rest of the system.

webber40
07-10-07, 12:27 PM
finally 15 posts now i can sell my webbers!!!

craig green
07-10-07, 12:36 PM
If you are serious about doing it then pay Beardy (off Migweb) to make you a pukka manifold, it'll cost about ?550. Then buy a nice new turbo to use on it.

Otherwise if you are going to get a scrapyard blower & do it farmer stylee then just make a mating flange for the bottom of the std cast GM manifold.

novacraig
07-10-07, 12:48 PM
if so i could used my 1.6 8v manifold and then go to demon tweeks and then go and then go and buy a t2 flang. what so mvaux are not a company no more then i take it

Adam
07-10-07, 01:20 PM
The T2 flange wont fit yourr 1600 manifold tho.
It'll need adapting to fit a standard manifold.

novacraig
07-10-07, 03:42 PM
well i am wanting to put a t25 turbo on it as i wanting big bhp and all this just seem to be alot of hard work but i take it no one else sell the turbo manifold

Mike
07-10-07, 03:48 PM
well i am wanting to put a t25 turbo on it as i wanting big bhp and all this just seem to be alot of hard work but i take it no one else sell the turbo manifold

T25? For big HP??? :tard: You'll have feck all room to mount a T25 in a Nova bay I reckon :thumb:

novacraig
07-10-07, 04:00 PM
well i was looking for bout 200 to 220bhp and i have got about 5k to spend but i wanna be different

Vauxwhore
07-10-07, 04:13 PM
Hi I will be helping craig build this monster. I have some basic fabrication skills so how difficult would it be to construct a manifold? id be worried that there will be a higher risk of it cracking in the future.

What about supercharging? sounds a bit easier to me and a bit different as there a quite a few turbo'd novas being built, has it been done? was thinking of an M45 Eaton charger or perhaps off a G40 polo.

Stuart
07-10-07, 04:54 PM
a mini S/C would be fine.

but then you have the comedy of getting a bottom pulley with the right drive ratio to run the compressor (and then locating it)

if made correctly a tubular exhaust shouldnt crack....

I think the theiving turnip farmers sell cast manifolds for 1.6 turbos.... but cast means its more likely to crack than a tubular one.

Vauxwhore
07-10-07, 05:04 PM
Iv seen mass produced tubulars manifolds crack, let alone one made by me lol

Finding a pulley wont be much of an issue although im not sure what the drive ratio should be i havent had time to look.

General Baxter
07-10-07, 06:58 PM
What about supercharging? sounds a bit easier to me and a bit different as there a quite a few turbo'd novas being built, has it been done? was thinking of an M45 Eaton charger or perhaps off a G40 polo.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Papizyilptw

novacraig
07-10-07, 07:39 PM
that supercharge nova is fast has anyone got a picture of the engine bay so we can get a idea where we can bolt the supecharge to it thank and the best supercharger to use would be off the mini cooper S i take it

Philsutton
08-10-07, 06:05 PM
T25? For big HP??? :tard: You'll have feck all room to mount a T25 in a Nova bay I reckon :thumb:

lol I could fit a T25 in my pocket, I would be looking more at a T3 to be honest.

novacraig
08-10-07, 06:14 PM
na i think me and matt was deciding last nite what to do and like you see aload of turbo conversion so we thought of doing the supercharger conversion but if people have to any infomation on doing please could they help thank

craig

Philsutton
08-10-07, 06:18 PM
Its same idea as a turbo but you have a direct drive an its a matter of geting the ratios right as stu said, something you need research and find out yourself and then fabricate up something so it all fits together. Its not rocket science if have a mind for that sort of thing.

novacraig
08-10-07, 06:22 PM
yer one day me and my mate was like we wanna project so i was like let turbo a 1.6 8v but then he said well let supercharge it so that what we went for and would the mini cooper S charger be fine for what we are doing and you wouldnt know the drive ratio would ya

novacraig
09-10-07, 09:33 AM
does anyone know where i can get some lower compression piston? because i checked chris ashley motorsport and they have only got them for a c20xe and stuff

Adam
09-10-07, 04:26 PM
Email companies with your bore/Cr requirements

novacraig
09-10-07, 04:32 PM
ok then do you any company because i tryed to ring chris ashley but they are away until the 15th october. would you say it would be best to run a intercooler to

Mike
09-10-07, 06:21 PM
ok then do you any company because i tryed to ring chris ashley but they are away until the 15th october. would you say it would be best to run a intercooler to

FPMSL ^ Best to run an intercooler lol you aint going to make high horsepower without one!!

Stuart
09-10-07, 06:24 PM
FPMSL ^ Best to run an intercooler lol you aint going to make high horsepower without one!!

it might.... just not for long thats all

Philsutton
09-10-07, 06:35 PM
just bang the pistons on a lathe, all i did for mine. Not as simple as just mashing some off the top though.

novacraig
10-10-07, 08:36 AM
ok then thank for the help. Philsutton i dont think i would trust myself in doing that.

Adam
10-10-07, 01:07 PM
You dont do it yourself.
Take them an engineering works and get them to skim the piston crowns to reduce the CR.

Stuart
10-10-07, 02:41 PM
go and read up on the vauxsport forum about what turbos/specs do what etc and then work otu what you need form where (tends to be from steveboyslim on VS)

blue_peg_16v
10-10-07, 03:00 PM
there was a bmw 318 the old box shape one in practical performance car last month with a cooper s supercharger on it and it was running over 200bhp

novacraig
12-10-07, 08:33 AM
that sound well good 200bhp but i would be happy whatever it come out with