PDA

View Full Version : nova xe spluttering help please!

alan b
06-10-07, 10:07 PM
hey guys fitted an xe to my nova this weekend and it started up no prob but when i took it for a spin it was ok but it was spluttering and after 4500rpm it kinda dies, when driving alon in any gear when you drop the foot it splutters abit before it starts to accelerate and even then it doesnt go very much! now i have the loom all connected but there is a single green wire plug coming out of the loom near the coil, i dont know what to connect it to? could that be the problem? ive put in new plugs and leads and it didnt help, im really stuck so need it going right asap!

gsiboy21
06-10-07, 11:16 PM
what fuel pump you useing

alan b
06-10-07, 11:30 PM
corsa gsi intank pump, ran my nova my 1.6 gsi engine no prob, and xe uses same pressure.

Adam
07-10-07, 12:02 AM
Management light come on?

Philsutton
07-10-07, 10:42 AM
does sound like a fuel pressure problem if the light doesnt come on, is the vacuum pipe still on top of the regulator and intact.

alan b
07-10-07, 03:32 PM
il check the pipe later on the regulator. i havent wired up the light yet as on the xe's its a broen/blue? what colour is it on me digi dash?

alan b
08-10-07, 02:18 PM
right i changed the airflow meter but i didnt seem to really help, it still plutters on half throttle, checked the pipe on the fuel presure reg, im stumped anybody?

heds
08-10-07, 10:03 PM
earth problem i reckon try putting a jump lead from any metal engine part to earth on battery, maybe a loose battery connection or earth on fuel rail.

green wire near coil is for rev count.

Philsutton
08-10-07, 10:06 PM
If its a earthing problem on the wiring loom it would bring up numerous fault codes and proper spaz out.

alan b
09-10-07, 09:52 AM
i no its going fine and idels tip top, if you rev it at idle it sound sfine its just unbder half throttle or after 5k rpm its dieing! im going to change the afm, tps, fuel reg and temp sensor i have them lieing around so hopefully theyll help! oh an the engine is earthed directly to the battery i used the novas charging loom.

a2lt16v
09-10-07, 10:50 AM
if i put my foot flat to the floor on the spot my car splutters for ever and smokes fuel out the back never have discovered what thats about