PDA

View Full Version : Where has My

Dave_Hay
18-06-02, 10:54 PM
Gears gone??

i got bored today and had a play with the rotten nova on the drive, b4 it failed MOT 5th gear disappeared after my dad drove car to garage :roll:
and when i went out today i could put car in what youd think was gear i was still be able to move the gearstick around in a circle all the way round the gator area. playing about with the linkage near the box i could only get 5th gear as it shows on top of the box. wheres all me gears gone?? lol i adjusted linkage and looked at it and it seemed fine, its only done a few miles on the car. still no gears

is it worn synchromesh? and i luckily missed out on huge crunching noise inside box when dad drove it or, whats ur lot opinions cos i kinda wanted to drive the car to scrappy but its gonna be difficult with no gears.

kevw
18-06-02, 11:00 PM
so it was ok until ur dad drove it? or until u tried to get 5th back?

Kev.

Dave_Hay
18-06-02, 11:29 PM
until my dickhead of a dad drove it (i never knew he took car out until i came home to find my car was in garage)

it was fine up until my dad drove it cos the car had a new gear linkage fitted a few weeks b4 and i was surprised as to how easy it was to find every gear in a nova.

forgot to say my dad said he had to battle tto get car into 5th gear, i hadnt had that problem since new linkage and was cruising around in it night b4 he decided to drive car to garage with no problems at all.

im lost it just wont find gear or stay in gear, im thinking internals of box/that iccle syncromesh ball at end of gaitor?

kevw
18-06-02, 11:36 PM
hmm not sure then m8,

i reckon ur dad went rallying on the way to the garage...

Kev.

Dave_Hay
18-06-02, 11:42 PM
lol cheers for trying to help then kev.

nemore sudgestions? shall i take out the box and have a play?

and if my dad did go rallying im gonna key his car (one of the neighbours already did this cos my dads such a prick :lol: :lol: :lol: )

kevw
19-06-02, 12:26 AM
ive got a spare f10 5 speed here if u wanna come pick it up :lol:

Dave_Hay
19-06-02, 12:29 AM
tad far :( unless u wanna drop it off ere. p+p ? lol

how about u take it to bits and show me what could be broken with piccies :) lol

sounds good to me

Dave_Hay
19-06-02, 01:49 PM
ne1?

Dave_Hay
20-06-02, 10:46 PM
come on peeps, no1 know why i only got as 5th gear indicated near but my gear stick can mover newhere it likes?

where the gears gone?