PDA

View Full Version : Front arch problem

Anonymous
23-10-00, 11:14 PM
My nova SRI is now lowered 40mm on 16" speedline wheels and the front wheels are now catching on the arches going round round-abouts! Do i need to have them rolled or do i just grind them?, as the car is going in for a full respray on monday and i need some help ASAP! The rear arches are rolled if that is any help and they do not rub. Thanks in advance, Ric Draper

Anonymous
24-10-00, 07:56 AM
You will be best getting somebody with a wheel arch roller to streatch them out before you get it painted. It isn't a problem they push out very easily because they are so thin, about 30-45 min work. You can pull or push them out yourself a few mm but be carefull not to get any kinks along the line of the arch, Ive heard of people putting a jack between the inner wing and outer, you would need something soft against the wing and a piece of ply to spread the weight, you will get 5-10mm easily.

Anonymous
24-10-00, 06:39 PM
yes mate mine used to catch and what i did was stick my crappy vauxhall jack under the arch with sum wood to pull the arch out a bit. what actually happens is the bottom ov the wing (next to the sill) twists into the arch when u strech it but once u relese the jack it shoud return back to were it started from. and i managed easy 10mm maybe more and the front profile ov the car looks much harder (a billy bonus)