PDA

View Full Version : Respray and where?

dezfactor
18-06-02, 11:50 AM
im in manchester and my nova is in need of a full exterior respray (did polish up but paint gone transparent) all prep work is done by myself just need a decent sprayer (IN MANCHESTER AREA) cost doesnt matter

?Marty?
18-06-02, 04:33 PM
try the yellow pages. :roll:

?Marty?
19-06-02, 11:52 PM
Obviously it's best to get a recommendation, but if you're unable to get one, visit some bodyshops to get a few quotes and ask to see some of their work. To see what the quality is like. With re-sprays you'll get what you pay for, so most quotes should be similar. If it's a lot less, then the work is likely to be crap quality. Unless it's a 'foreigner', then it just might be a bargain.

ade
20-06-02, 12:29 AM
if u did prep work, many body shops wont touch u coz they dont know what prep has been done. They may spray it and find that the prep reacts with the paint, the finish (no offence) is not up the their standards etc... and will charge you to reprep it to their standards beforehand.

BE BRAVE - get a double garage, primer and 2 1/2 ltrs of paint and do it yerself!!! or be insane (like me) and do the above with 2 pak!!!

Ade
(who now has a full freshair respirator courtesy of local paint shop for ?100 inc compressor!)