PDA

View Full Version : FAO El Gringo.

Nick J
01-10-07, 06:18 PM
Seen as your no longer answering my pm's I feel I have no choice but to post this, You recieved my payment on the 11/9/07 for one wiper motor a day later you told me via pm your mum had posted it for you and if I had any need you would supply the tracker number. Shortly after I went on holiday thinking it would be waiting for me when I returned But it wasnt, I once again got in touch again by posting on your other for sale thread as you did not respond to my pm on the 21/9/07. You later responded on that thread stating you would be in touch and you havent. Its now the 1/10/07 and I still have no part or reply from you. I wouldnt mind so much however another member has been in touch saying he paid you for parts and he has recieved nothing either! So would you mind getting in touch to tell me whats happening? As I know you have been online recently so I would really appreciate a response, If this is a genuine mistake my apologies however when your not responding at all It leaves me thinking the worst, regards, Nick.

My apologies admin however I didnt know how else to attract this guys attention.

Dan 130
01-10-07, 08:41 PM
again please can admin not remove this its not a witch but i am also waiting for my shafts, of which i sent payment by postal order over three weeks ago my more recent pm's have not been awnsered and i just need some sort of contact from him regards dan

Lee
01-10-07, 09:29 PM
Crack on lads lol

Dan 130
01-10-07, 09:34 PM
cheers bt

Nick J
01-10-07, 09:45 PM
Crack on lads lol

Thanks Dan for backing me up and BT for not deleting this thread, As stated to anyone reading this thread It isnt a witch hunt we just want what we have paid for as anyone would,thanks, Nick.

Nick J
03-10-07, 10:22 PM
Bttt as I have still heard nothing from this guy as yet, How about you Dan??
Nick.

Nick J
03-10-07, 11:14 PM
sorry to go off topic - hope you got the centre caps ok?

also hope you get this sorted :)

Recieved the centre caps today fella, thanks a lot! :)

Dan 130
04-10-07, 01:48 PM
:mad: nope nj still heard nothing getting a bit irrtating really as plenty of other stes of shafts have come up for sale

Mazz
04-10-07, 04:58 PM
Looks like a dodged a bullet here then, nearly bought soemthing off him. I hope you both get your money back or parts..

Rich
04-10-07, 06:28 PM
I almost bought the rear lights he had for sale but had to back out.

When he gave the address to send the money to i recognised it from buying/selling somthing before, but i cant remember what. I got ripped off for a set of driveshafts on mig but i dont know its the address i posted money too. Sent a postal order and never heard anything back, the guy said he didnt receive it.

I mentioned it in PMs and he said hes recently moved in..

Rich
04-10-07, 06:32 PM
Just realised i still have the PMs on my mig account its the same address different name!

Name on mig was gte bad boi, adress he gave me on mig was

jay carmen
12 albert bean close
leamington spa
cv31 2te

The adress he gave me here when i wanted the rear lights was

sunni kumar
12 albert bean close
leamington spa
cv31 2te
west midlands

Looks like no-ones getting anything :(

Dan 130
04-10-07, 07:01 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Aaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh hhh
I Would Love To Throttle Him:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Rich
04-10-07, 07:05 PM
Anyone local? Im guessing theres not alot anyone can do now is there

Dan 130
04-10-07, 07:06 PM
Where Abouts Is Lyminton Spa ?

Iain
04-10-07, 07:12 PM
West Midlands, looks to be just southeast of Birmingham.

Rich
04-10-07, 07:26 PM
http://www.multimap.com/maps/?hloc=GB|cv31%202te#t=l&map=52.26944,-1.53191|8|4&loc=GB:52.26944:-1.53191:16|cv31%202te|CV31%202TE

Dan 130
04-10-07, 08:07 PM
it would take me about an hour n half to get there s it worth it i want to go out of principle because i hate fookin rip off merchants aaaarrrggghhhh

NovaLad
04-10-07, 08:22 PM
This guy has done this before under the name of or sunni_jay.

On here...

I have his msn + AIM

carls nova sri
04-10-07, 08:22 PM
he should get banned off the site

Dan 130
04-10-07, 08:25 PM
he should get banned off the site
well you would of thought so :confused:

NovaLad
04-10-07, 08:27 PM
Errrr He can't be...

For 1. If the admins banned his name he would just make a new one.
2. If the admins banned his I.P he can just Proxy into here. Not hard at all.

Nick J
04-10-07, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the replys, so it seems he has attempted to take money under 3 or 4 different names then, robbing little ****** ! Dont think I will ever send money again, Will just bite the bullet and go collect instead, only safe way I guess,regards, Nick.

Pm'd Dan.

NovaLad
04-10-07, 08:30 PM
I paid for his membership on his other name and he sent me the money back so i allways thought he was decent.

Good luck with ya problem.

scott.parker
04-10-07, 09:55 PM
Hummm....
I live 13 miles away from him, Anyone els fancy coming up to mine this weekend and we go see him? lol

mowgli
04-10-07, 10:02 PM
I have a mate in the police based in Leamington, I anyone wants, I could ask him informally to have a look into this...... PM me

carls nova sri
04-10-07, 10:04 PM
well i think it's novalad cos he's sticking up for him lol lol

NovaLad
04-10-07, 10:19 PM
:tard:

just vaux trev
04-10-07, 10:20 PM
don't mean jump in but i just pm'd him about a gearbox he has for sale too,
lemington spa is in between dudley and walsall, glad i read this before i sent any money, i hate dodgy thieving ####ers
kill him! lol

Lee H
04-10-07, 10:54 PM
I was after the seats he was selling but he was very hard to contact. I have a mobile number for him if thats any use to anyone.

scott.parker
04-10-07, 10:54 PM
lemington spa is in between dudley and walsall, glad i read this before i sent any money, i hate dodgy thieving ####ers
kill him! lol

no mate its not near either of them parts of brum, its south mids warwickshire just 13miles 15mins up the a46 from stratford upon avon.

scott

kevster
05-10-07, 04:31 PM
were are too meany time wasters in this world , good luck nick

Mike
05-10-07, 04:36 PM
kill him! lol

FPMSL!! Its not at all!! Your confusing Leamington with Coseley me thinks lol

mowgli
05-10-07, 09:09 PM
I think its time to set up a purchasing network where members sign up in each region & arrange the collection & forwarding of goods... I just keep hearing stories about people getting stuffed over parts sales.

carls nova sri
05-10-07, 09:13 PM
yeah but there could also be theiving scum on there to. i mean anyone can become a member in a different adress the only way out of it is to pick up the item your self thats what i always do i don't trust any body

philly
05-10-07, 09:15 PM
if i can when buying i prefer to buy from members with a fair few posts and long join date. also if they a club member. just little signs lets u know they are abit more trusting.

but it is bad when it keeps happening from the same person changing identities. cheeky git

Lee
05-10-07, 09:18 PM
At the moment we operate like the weekly freeads. You dont know who your buying from, and theres no backup from the site in regards to guarantees. Therefore, buyers are vulnerable to scammers. However, having the site open like this means people can come on and sell stuff freely, meaning lots more stuff to choose from.

If we changed to actually operate the clasifieds to club members only, or to users who are established on the site (have over 100 posts say) then the number of goods for sale will significantly drop.

This is something that can be done if its the general consensus, but my view is we will miss out on the gems that appear where someone genuine finds the site and registers to sell it.

mowgli
05-10-07, 09:20 PM
yeah but there could also be theiving scum on there to. i mean anyone can become a member in a different adress the only way out of it is to pick up the item your self thats what i always do i don't trust any body

The idea is to set up a trusted network, not just let every tom, dick etc join. It would actually be quite easy to set up a paypal thing & parcel carrier account. just needs someone to co-ordinate it......

carls nova sri
05-10-07, 09:25 PM
so is any one up for that

just vaux trev
05-10-07, 09:30 PM
somethin should be done about this, as most of us need nova parts asap and they are fast becoming like gold dust. and it would be nice to know that you are going to get what you paid for.

Mike
05-10-07, 09:32 PM
how many sales go sucessfully compared to those that dont.......

I say leave it as it is, buyer beware an all that. Im an honest seller, and stick to my word etc, as are most on here. Simple rule, if there not well known on this site eg: post count, newbies etc then dont buy it from them

Mike.

mowgli
05-10-07, 09:45 PM
The main aim of my idea is that for example, something comes up for sale in Brum, the deal is agreed, then a local member goes & collects & pays for it, & then it gets shipped. so that way the money & goods end up in the right places. The problem is that it is probably going to be too complex to run...

Lee
05-10-07, 09:47 PM
I doubt anyone would be happy to do that for free, so a cheap part becomes more expensive as well.

Adam
06-10-07, 12:28 AM
if there not well known on this site eg: post count, newbies etc then dont buy it from them
Tis a good idea.
But dont forget everyone was a newbie with 0 posts once :thumb:

kevster
06-10-07, 08:11 AM
this is a hard one . have got some bits off of some of you guys . and have had not had anyproblems . but i do like to pay by paypal or pick it up my self !!! that way i feel i bit safer , but i do under stand some dont have paypal . its a hard one !! still no word nick ????

Ste L
06-10-07, 09:42 AM
how about adding the itrader mod/add on, so we get a feedback system like ebay, then it make it easy fot buyer's?

kevster
06-10-07, 10:12 AM
that sound's good ste im down will that lol

Nick J
06-10-07, 05:07 PM
this is a hard one . have got some bits off of some of you guys . and have had not had anyproblems . but i do like to pay by paypal or pick it up my self !!! that way i feel i bit safer , but i do under stand some dont have paypal . its a hard one !! still no word nick ????

Hey kev, I dont think I will ever here from this guy again, However on a good note I no longer need one now as Ive been and got a great cond one from a local scrapyard! Some sort of feedback system would be good news I think... I'm always buying something and It would be good to see positive details/comments about someone you intend to deal with. regards, Nick.

Lee
06-10-07, 08:56 PM
It can be looked into, however, if you really need a part, and someone with no feedback is selling one, ane you going to leave it purely because he/she isnt a proven trader?

IMHO its a nice touch, but wouldnt solve this problem entirely. People with high feedback will be well known on the site anyway.

We either stop newbies selling, or carry on as we are.

kevster
06-10-07, 09:19 PM
yeah its good to hear you got one anyway mate !! and i must say your nova is looking dam good !!!!! lee your right if i want some think i get it , just a shame some people are the way they are .

Riggy
07-10-07, 04:13 PM
aye , i think that it works as it is myslef ,

but as said if the user is a fairly new user and not that well known then i wouldnt send them money first , i would go and collect it and pay then , if you need the part then its worth it ,

although they are loads of people on here that id have no probs posting money off to :thumb:

Adam
07-10-07, 04:24 PM
I'd leave it as it is.
And just be wary.

adam c
07-10-07, 04:40 PM
just seen this!i paid this lad ?230 for a set of 4pot brakes on mig and he didnt send them he also ripped another lad off at the same time.iirc the other lad has took him to small claims court.it was roughly may time and i told people on here as he was trying to sell stuff on here under the username sunny jay and on mig his name is gte bad boi.anyone up for a convoy!?lol

Mike
07-10-07, 04:48 PM
just seen this!i paid this lad ?230 for a set of 4pot brakes on mig and he didnt send them he also ripped another lad off at the same time.iirc the other lad has took him to small claims court.it was roughly may time and i told people on here as he was trying to sell stuff on here under the username sunny jay and on mig his name is gte bad boi.anyone up for a convoy!?lol

there is a user on here called nova bad boi or something?

Lee H
08-10-07, 08:52 AM

I remember seeing them on mig cheap but don't think i'd ever buy anything of someone with a user name like "bad boi" even though it is only a user name.

NovaLad
08-10-07, 08:54 AM
I remember seeing them on mig cheap but don't think i'd ever buy anything of someone with a user name like "bad boi" even though it is only a user name.

Yup he has a very old name on here with the words bad and boy in it.

kevster
08-10-07, 09:02 AM
some poeple do just reck me !!!!!
i like to always talk to them first on the phone to.
if this is pos

nova_ellen
22-10-07, 11:18 PM
i live 5 minutes away from him. ive brought loads of stuff from him and its always been fine... but it was always cash on collection.

michael squeak
23-10-07, 02:56 PM
i bought a wiper conversion of this lad of ebay tho called nova bad boi mite be the same lad, i had some trouble with my paypal so i sent him a postal order, when i emailed him an asked where it was he just ignored me i finnaly got it a month later! i think i have his mobile number and email address somewere

Stuart
23-10-07, 03:49 PM
also banning this fool from here would make contacting him nearly impossible for the folks trying to sort this issue out.... the best that can be done is you lot reporting any thread in forsale he starts in future.

craig green
25-10-07, 05:02 PM
if i can when buying i prefer to buy from members with a fair few posts and long join date. also if they a club member. just little signs lets u know they are abit more trusting.

TBh anyone that appears as a new user & then makes a special effort to sell on parts would have alarm bells ringing with me. Thats not to say 'I told you so'.

However reading the above about people that register to seel stuff, I dont actually like reading for sale threads from a user on his 1st post. Pics cant be added & the usual rules of location & price are often left off.

Best of luck tracking down 'El-Gringo' as the dodgy feck needs bringing into line!

Paul
25-10-07, 05:50 PM
I vote leave it as it is, just be wary, never had a problem sold hundreds of things on here, and bought nearly as many!

Rob77
04-11-07, 11:42 PM
I bought some braided brake lines off him about a year ago, which he said his Mum posted, surprise surprise I never got them, and when I tried to get in touch he had vanished off the face of the earth!

He was 'Gsi Bad Boi' then.

ajb
21-03-08, 11:28 PM
Just thought i'd mention on here that Ian on corsasport is looking into problems with this chap.
Might be worth sharing information.

I can't post the link to the thread as it seems i dont have enought posts but it is in general chat and titled "Another bad trade, word of warning if I may"

Ste L
21-03-08, 11:59 PM
http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=419781

link for you ;)

Lee H
22-03-08, 12:28 AM
What an absolute scumbag, he has had some mega money out of people over the last few years. Hows he avoided a battering I wonder!!!