PDA

View Full Version : Ford Focus ST "orange"

ade
01-10-07, 12:24 AM
I am severely attracted to this colour. I'm torn between this, BMW Dakar Yellow (or the equivalent Seat Cupra Yellow) and Audi Gunmetal Grey with gunmetal cav slabs for my project...

Does anyone know the colour code for the orange or its official name?

Yeah yeah I know its a sin worse than being shagged by a vicar to put a ford colour on a Vauxhall but it is a nice colour....

craig green
01-10-07, 12:20 PM
I heard that someone couldnt get hold of the ASBo orange the other day, not sure if its an exclusive colour from Ford & requires VIN nos maybe....?

Dakar Yellow is nice IMO but the SEAT colour is not if I am thinking the right Yellow.

Adam
01-10-07, 12:26 PM
Baxter told me that too, you cant get that particular Orange, they haven't released a paint code for it.
Has to be ordered by ford.

craig green
01-10-07, 12:32 PM
I think this one in the features section looks great for Dakar Yellow.

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/viewfeaturecar.php?ref=2818

I've been wanting to build one with the same body/bumpers colour for a while.

Mazz
01-10-07, 03:47 PM
I love both the BMW yellow and the ST orange, either would look really nice imo

Andy_L
01-10-07, 03:50 PM
Colour is called Electric Orange.

As for the code give me a day or so :wtf:

Andy_L
01-10-07, 03:56 PM
Craig and LLTN

You're both wrong so :p lol

Just spoken to our bodyshop manager and we mix the colour on site so getting the paint code should be fairly easy.

craig green
01-10-07, 04:51 PM
I deserve an ASBO in that case!

wilson_sri
01-10-07, 05:31 PM
I work for ford and the bodyshop told me its a house of colour colour. Il check tomorow and get the paint code for you.

Adam
01-10-07, 05:49 PM
Craig and LLTN

You're both wrong so :p lol

Just spoken to our bodyshop manager and we mix the colour on site so getting the paint code should be fairly easy.

:(

lol

dan_cf40
01-10-07, 10:50 PM
how bout vaux pineapple yellow paint code is 57L i think

coochiSR
01-10-07, 10:52 PM
It is called Electric Orange, the only problem is, so i've been told, it's a mix of 7 different colour's and a pain in the ass to paint. Don't work in BS so wouldn't know but it's a cool colour :D!

ade
01-10-07, 11:40 PM
lol - me cars not gonna be ready for another few months for respray so no rush.

Pineapple yellow is nice but a little too light.

Oh - and according to BASF website who developed it theres a special painting process used to apply the "electric orange" to ensure the brilliance is sealed in and doesnt fade - base coat is enamelled to the body then lacquered then ametlaic pearl is applied apparently - so thats gonna be out the budget!

quote from fords R&D department hype - "Electric Orange is unique to the new Focus ST . The colour, bright and rich at the same time, comes from a special four-coat layer paint technology. Where cars typically have two layers -- colour and clear coat -- Electric Orange consists of four: the orange colour, a clear coat, a third "effect" coat that is comprised of more minerals than regular metallic paints, and finally a second clear coat to complete the process and add a deeper tone. Ford's assembly plant in Saarlouis , Germany , where the Focus ST is built, added special painting and application equipment to accomplish the effect. "
lol

simonr1
02-10-07, 08:24 AM
spot on mate its a 4 coater! and its a right pig to do! the effect coat needs to be very even all over, had to paint a front wing on one a little while ago and ended up going right through the side of the car to get it all to match! awesome colour though, looks mint in the sun!

Jack
02-10-07, 08:26 AM
lmfao, so anyone with an ST who wants a scratch touching up is funked then lol

Anyway, Asbo orange is a nasty colour. Out of your choices, the grey would get my vote.

simonr1
02-10-07, 08:29 AM
oh yes! the orange base is quiet red so it would stand out like a sore thumb! if its scratched you have to use some of them cheap and tacky stickers you get in fastcar! lmao

Andy_L
02-10-07, 08:33 AM
Oh - and according to BASF website who developed it theres a special painting process used to apply the "electric orange" to ensure the brilliance is sealed in and doesnt fade - base coat is enamelled to the body then lacquered then ametlaic pearl is applied apparently - so thats gonna be out the budget!

So all my hard work was for nothing!! lol I'll whack the paint code up anyways. :thumb:

And yes it is very expensive metallic for a Focus is normally 300 but for electric orange it's nearly 650 :eek: .

Personally my vote would go with the brown colour that the Vectra was in a recent TV. (Mica Brown or something)

OE+ and all that

sealeyA1
02-10-07, 06:39 PM
i work in a ford paintshop do not whatever you do paint your car in electrc orange, as above any rework you need doing will mean a near on respray depending on the size of repair, and it will invariably never match the original work.

simonr1
03-10-07, 10:47 AM
so in summary DONT DO IT CHAP!

craig green
03-10-07, 11:49 AM
Vauxhall Moonland is an awesome Grey colour.

Looks dripping wet even when dry.

Ash
06-10-07, 12:33 AM
Ad was wrong! I don't think thats happened before, quick make a note of it :plol

db_1.2
06-10-07, 02:12 PM
Dyno rods the way to go!

coombsey
07-10-07, 04:54 PM
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?p=750240#post750240

Dan 130
07-10-07, 07:40 PM
the grey would look best imo