PDA

View Full Version : fuel pipes abit lost??????

benny f gsi,n it
29-09-07, 05:20 PM
hey im now on the home stright of my engine re-build and putting the fuel pipes back together but i have only got 2 comming from the tank running up the drivver side of the underneath, but on my nova gsi 1.6 fuel rail i have 2 running of that (returns i think) and 1 going to the fse boost valve (inlet of fuel) anyone help? also where does the small vacume pipe off the top of the fse go into?
Benny

Adam
29-09-07, 06:17 PM
Vacuum pipe goes to any vacuum point on the inlet(after the tb)

You should have two fuel pipes on the drivers floor, and one on the passenger which is a breather pipe

benny f gsi,n it
29-09-07, 07:23 PM
ok and where does the breather go? to the return on the fuel rail or is there a special way it goes round comming off the fuel rail?

Adam
29-09-07, 07:53 PM
It goes no where.
Either to the carbon canister in the passenger inner wing.
Or just left open

Clean 2.0 nova
29-09-07, 08:16 PM
The third 'vent' pipe ideally want to go as far upward and then down to reduce any spillages when thrashing. I just took mine up to where the fuel filler cap is and then back down.

Also noticed youv'e implied that fuel feeds the 'boost valve'. Not sure if this is right as a regulator normally controls the fuel BACK (i.e. return) to the tank. I would seek clarification on this as I'm no expert with boost valves.

benny f gsi,n it
30-09-07, 01:06 AM
anyone clean up the fse pressure regulator (pipe on the bottom= pipe on side braided line = and then breather pipe off the top?

Adam
30-09-07, 01:10 AM
The fse should have a pipe inlet(the return pipe from your fuel rail)
An outlet-To the tank return
And a vacuum stub, which has a vacuum pipe to a vacuum source.

benny f gsi,n it
30-09-07, 01:37 PM
ohhhhh ok so the 2 pipes running up the drive side of the car is the fuel in and fuel return. fuel stright into the fuel rail. then return from the fuel rail to the side of the fse then return out the side exit of the fse and the other pipe off the fuel rail (bottom is a breather)

Adam
30-09-07, 02:43 PM
Bottom of what?
You want the return line from the rails regulator going to the Fse regulator.

Im not sure why your using a fse in the first place tho, tbh.

benny f gsi,n it
30-09-07, 08:14 PM
why not

Adam
30-09-07, 08:40 PM
Because its not needed.
The standard regulator holds the rail at the pressure the injectors are mapped to fuel at.
All's a Fse does is pi** about with the pressure...

benny f gsi,n it
30-09-07, 11:34 PM
ok well its been on there for a good time so had it off so mite as well put it back on if i can work it out lol