PDA

View Full Version : whats this?

philly
28-09-07, 12:03 PM
yesterday spent the day on my todd dropping my fuel tank which was an absolute pain in the anu$ to do on me own and to get the final pipes disconnected as they are on the top! oh how clever vauxhall are"!

but when i took of the filler neck hose i found this thing inside. it looks rather rude, and i though it may be a anti syphon thing, anyone else seen one or know what it is in there for? i know it stopped the petrol coming out when i tipped it upside down, but when its in a car? level aswell? maybe if you roll the car to stop it leaking?

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f260/plip_plop/nova%20pictures/DSC00375.jpg

bump
28-09-07, 12:20 PM
It is indeed an anti syphon device, and prevents fuel from leaking out if you find yourself upside down.

draper
28-09-07, 12:20 PM
anti syphon get my vote

edit - beaten to it, poxy slow work computer

craig green
28-09-07, 12:23 PM
I wish mine would come out. The ball has 'popped' into the tank & I cant for fear of breaking it get the rest of it out of the tank filler pipe.

Looks like some sort of weird fetish toy in that pic...........

carls nova sri
28-09-07, 12:50 PM
i thorght it was a finger at first glance haha

philly
28-09-07, 02:14 PM
it is weird looking, my missus was rather appauled when i showed her the picture at first as she thought it was some rude toy i was buying her! lol

Ernie
28-09-07, 02:58 PM
My pic looks alot worse lol
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/chunny01/Photo-0043-1.jpg
This is one i sold to somebody on here a few weeks ago..

Adam
28-09-07, 03:05 PM
I wish mine would come out. The ball has 'popped' into the tank & I cant for fear of breaking it get the rest of it out of the tank filler pipe.

Looks like some sort of weird fetish toy in that pic...........
The cage thing just pulls out with pliers.

Get it re-fitted, it stops fuel pouring up the filler neck when cornering.
It wont really stop much if the car tips over, as fuel will just leak from the breather pipes instead,Lol.