PDA

View Full Version : Tailgates, all the same?

craig green
28-09-07, 11:46 AM
Is a tailgate from a 5 door Nova the same as those on a 3 door?

paul james
28-09-07, 12:08 PM
Yep, they are all the same on hatchbacks. Well other than having the wiper/spoiler on higher spec cars.

craig green
28-09-07, 12:12 PM
Nice. I wondered if the angle was different on a 5 door. Its probably the nasty extra door & window lines that throw the eye off.

That should make it easier to find a rot free tailgate.

Nick J
28-09-07, 12:16 PM
Nice. I wondered if the angle was different on a 5 door. Its probably the nasty extra door & window lines that throw the eye off.

That should make it easier to find a rot free tailgate.

I have a brand new gm one unpainted with glass craig if your interested ?

craig green
28-09-07, 12:20 PM
Thanks. I think I just want to know on the off chance as I fancy having an optional early mk1 tailgate with no spoiler or grab handle etc & maybe one with a wrap around spoiler.

I cant decide whick look I prefer so might aswell have them all hanging in the garage. LOL

spanishfly
28-09-07, 01:00 PM
Craig I can the std one off my nova, you can have it. I've justy put it out ready to throw away, if ya want it i'll shed it for you! Could get Chip to pick it up?

craig green
28-09-07, 04:48 PM
Is it a mk1 early job with no grab handle & just a lock barrel in centre? In which case YES PLEASE! :thumb:

novaco
28-09-07, 11:58 PM
Is it a mk1 early job with no grab handle & just a lock barrel in centre? In which case YES PLEASE! :thumb:

i have one... bit far away from you though:(