PDA

View Full Version : avo suspension anyone have it?

alan b
26-09-07, 03:23 PM
just wondering has anyone got avo shocks and springs? adjustable or fixed rate ones? just wondering as they seem reasonable and heard the coilovers are ace. cheers.

draper
26-09-07, 03:24 PM
got a set of there coilovers but ive never used them lol

Jack
26-09-07, 03:30 PM
Shaun O'Donnell has just put Avo coilovers on his saloon.

I believe Craig Green also had/has Avo suspension...

Good quality kit IMO.

Dar
26-09-07, 03:36 PM
I run AVO coilovers and they have worked very well for me. If you get adjustable coilovers you have to know how they work with the springs or you will bugger them up.

For example if you want firmer suspension you get harder springs and then adjust the dampening to suit. You don't just wind up the damper. Doing this will take away the work from the spring and put it on the damper. After saying this you can wind up the damper a bit for fine tuning.

AVO coilovers are good enough for track and road ise but they are not really suited to rallying.

db_1.2
26-09-07, 03:51 PM
got a set of there coilovers but ive never used them lol

Sell them to me:D

draper
26-09-07, 04:12 PM
Sell them to me:D

yeah i could do, ill have a think about it

i wont really so dont get your hopes up

db_1.2
26-09-07, 04:24 PM
yeah i could do, ill have a think about it

i wont really so dont get your hopes up

:( But your not using it, but im a little confused, will you think about it or are you just being sarcy?

draper
26-09-07, 04:29 PM
i will think about it yes

Iain
26-09-07, 05:07 PM
I run AVO adjustable shocks and -50mm springs. Fairly good kit, although I'm not sure how useful the adjustment of damping is - I set fronts all the way from soft to hard and couldn't notice a difference - but that's probably just me being stupid. AVO are very helpful for when things break too - they fixed and returned both my front shocks in under a week for free.

draper
26-09-07, 05:07 PM
I run AVO adjustable shocks and -50mm springs. Fairly good kit, although I'm not sure how useful the adjustment of damping is - I set fronts all the way from soft to hard and couldn't notice a difference - but that's probably just me being stupid. AVO are very helpful for when things break too - they fixed and returned both my front shocks in under a week for free.

agreed

PabloSR
26-09-07, 06:11 PM
Running Avo On My Cav GSi And Its The Closest Thing To Bilstein Without The Cost! (Bilstein And Eibach Were Also Sold As Irmscher!):thumb:

Rich
26-09-07, 06:34 PM
I run avo coilovers on mine just for road use, imo they are good even if its only for the height adjustment. I havent really messed around with the damping on them yet so cant comment on that.

Ash
26-09-07, 06:39 PM
I run (use to run) AVO fixed rate shocks and springs - very impressed with them, quite a hard ride on -60mm with 195/45/15 tyres, but the benift is well worth it. A hell of a lot better than my old Spax kit.

alan b
26-09-07, 07:46 PM
-60 kit? i can only find the 25 mm kit for gte/gsi, and 40mm for standard 1.2 so thats the same kit, jnc racing seem to be the cheapest where ye get the 60mm kit from?

Ash
26-09-07, 09:25 PM
I got it about 3 years ago, it was NOS from a place I use to work. Thinking on it, it may well be a -50mm kit, it did come up a little from my spax stuff, but i put i down to worn out springs.

This is the company I got mine from anyway: http://www.liquid-ice.co.uk/ they maybe able to find the same kit. Failing that http://www.balancemotorsport.co.uk/ are experts in handling stuff.

joelgsi
15-11-07, 07:49 PM
ive got these coilovers fitted to my nova rich mate, just thought i wud let u know in case u 4got! :-)

craig green
15-11-07, 10:48 PM
If you want good dampers IMO, get KONI's. Adjustable a bonus aswell.

Benrules
17-11-07, 07:35 PM
i'm lookin at H&R coilovers any good? ?700 for a kit so high expectations! currently got a peter lloyd handling stiff when hit bumps and sharp turning but when pushin around long bends feels soft!

Dar
17-11-07, 11:08 PM
i'm lookin at H&R coilovers any good? ?700 for a kit so high expectations! currently got a peter lloyd handling stiff when hit bumps and sharp turning but when pushin around long bends feels soft!

Sounds like the dampers & springs arn't matched. i.e. dampers too stiff for the springs. Not that it matters since your replacing them.

bobby p
18-11-07, 12:30 AM
ive got the coil overs with stronger frong springs on my nova because ive got a bigger lump in it. the ride is so bumpy it feels like theres no shocks on it. i hate the drive of it but its good on corners.

teej
18-11-07, 01:37 PM
I had Avo coilovers on my XE track car, was driveable on the road and excellent on track. I didn't have it long enough to fiddle with the damping settings much, though - just drove it as I'd bought it.

Not related to Novas, but the Avos I bought new for my 306 a couple of years back were valved incorrectly, dropping the car right onto it's bump-stops. The outlet I bought them through, and Avo, weren't particularly helpful, although they did sort the problem eventually. Benrules - this is possibly the problem with yours?

I've just bought a Gaz set-up for my race car, as they allowed me to specify spring poundages (and do most of the Stock Hatch cars) and get a couple of sets of springs for different weather / tyres. Yet to fit it. Expensive, but hopefully worth it.