PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Gsi

Big-vaux
25-09-07, 06:02 PM
Ok here we go.

Early hours of monday morning between 3am and 6am my Red nova gsi was stolen from Blackbird Leys (Oxford)
I have try'd to post some pics up for you all to see but somehow i am unable to post pics.
Any how, 9.00am this morning i get a call from Pc plod telling me my nova has been recovered! i was then as happy as Larry :D seconds later i am also told that it was burnt to a crisp! So obviously the smile on my face was wiped clean off! even better, i had just remember'd that it wasn't insured! (someone please give me a pat on the back :roll: )

can any one point me in the right direction of posting a few before and after pics?

Also Big Stan, i may have some info on who nicked your Gte ;) if your interested drop me a PM.

philly
25-09-07, 06:05 PM
how come it wasnt insured?>

i hope i was either becasue you dont have a licence and it was off the road or it is a project not being driven.;

Jack
25-09-07, 06:07 PM
You should be able to post pics, you've got over 15 posts. Have a look in my sig, there's a link called How To Post Images and give that a go.

Harsh news on the car though. Was the theft related to Stan's being nabbed a while back then (same people)?

Big-vaux
25-09-07, 06:24 PM
You should be able to post pics, you've got over 15 posts. Have a look in my sig, there's a link called How To Post Images and give that a go.

Harsh news on the car though. Was the theft related to Stan's being nabbed a while back then (same people)?
lets just say, through the grape vine i heared that the same little prick's who got there hands on big stans nova also took mine:thumb:

Yeah mate i never insured it as i was getting ready to do a project on it, basicly i only bought the nova to do a project on it. But now that idea has gone down the pan!

NovaLad
25-09-07, 06:29 PM
Bad news...

On the other hand atleast you wasn't near the end of the project when it got stolen.

Big-vaux
25-09-07, 06:30 PM
LONG~BAR

Your pm box is full!!!!!

Big-vaux
25-09-07, 06:32 PM
Bad news...

On the other hand atleast you wasn't near the end of the project when it got stolen.
Very true!!!!
I would have been 100 times more p1ssed off if the little turd burgulars had nicked it when i had finished the project.

Big-vaux
25-09-07, 06:53 PM
Here are some pics of when i 1st bought it:
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d137/big-vaux/UNTITLED-2.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d137/big-vaux/media.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d137/big-vaux/1.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d137/big-vaux/100_0185.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d137/big-vaux/100_0186.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d137/big-vaux/100_0195.jpg

I hadn't bothered taking any pictures of the interior because it was coming out! and all that was to be replaced was 2 seats, dash and a cage.

No burnt out (After pics) as of yet even tho i had seen it earlier this afternoon, i will take a couple of pics of it when i collect it from the compound.
I hope the pics work

raymond
25-09-07, 06:54 PM
i had my nova gte stole while there was no insurance on it it was off the road for repair i was so gutted

they found it rolled on its roof when recovered they give me stuff back out of it and it all belonged to the lads who stole it

cost me a fortune 200 quid to recover it via the police
then 12 quid a day storage wouldnt release the car till the polie had finished with it

then when they went to court they was supose to pay me compo recieved about a fiver of them

i know how you feel mate

ive learnt to take the battery of from now on

Stoo
25-09-07, 06:59 PM
kin hell mate that looked quite clean too

Big-vaux
25-09-07, 07:14 PM
kin hell mate that looked quite clean too
Yeah it was, it looked alot better viewing it in person.

cost me a fortune 200 quid to recover it via the police
then 12 quid a day storage wouldnt release the car till the polie had finished with it

then when they went to court they was supose to pay me compo recieved about a fiver of them

i know how you feel mate

ive learnt to take the battery of from now on
Well its going to cost me ?105 For the recovery also via police! and ?35 a day storage. What also takes the p1ss is that i have my own Recovery business! :mad: So instead of the police calling me @ 4am this morning to recover the car they would rather get Kardos recovery to recover it. So i'd like to say thanks very much to the Thames vally police for screwing me over and costing me an arm and a leg :thumb:

smcgsi16v
25-09-07, 07:52 PM
Sorry to hear about the car, its always gutting when that happens and wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Not being rude but isn't Blackbird Leas a pretty grim part of Oxford and known for this sort of stuff?

Big-vaux
25-09-07, 07:59 PM
Not being rude but isn't Blackbird Leas a pretty grim part of Oxford and known for this sort of stuff?
Blackbird Leys isn't actually that bad, its just the little punk's on the estate who let it down.

smcgsi16v
25-09-07, 08:02 PM
Blackbird Leys isn't actually that bad, its just the little punk's on the estate who let it down.

Nothing unusual there then! Scum.

draper
25-09-07, 08:58 PM
looks a minter - gutted

Dave.
25-09-07, 09:11 PM
looked a clean exapmle

is it fully burntout or is it just interior fire? you wouldnt belive the amount of people that come to our place expecting to see a shell and all thats wrong with it is the seats burnt

mowgli
25-09-07, 09:16 PM
I used to live in Wheatley at the time of the 'hotting' displays back in the early nineties. The thieves would nick cars elsewhere & drive them into the leys where crowds would collect & actually pay to watch the show. The leys got a bad name because of the tv pictures.
Down the street I lived in our house was the only one that hadn't had a car either broken into or nicked. Our cars were worth nicking, but we worked out that the kid next door (his dad is an architect) was running with the thieves & we put a baseball bat up his nose & told him not to touch our cars.

Big-vaux
25-09-07, 10:16 PM
looked a clean exapmle

is it fully burntout or is it just interior fire? you wouldnt belive the amount of people that come to our place expecting to see a shell and all thats wrong with it is the seats burnt
Its proper cooked!
I went to Kardos Recovery and viewed the car and it was 100% rusty metal, even the inlet manifold has melted!!

I'm trying to be sarcastic about the car as i'm still rather gutted!

carls nova sri
25-09-07, 10:34 PM
gutted for you

Dave.
25-09-07, 10:47 PM
ahh well time to build another

philly
25-09-07, 11:23 PM
such a waste :(

s14a
25-09-07, 11:38 PM
such a waste is right, i remember seein it for sale and being really tempted to fly over for it but because it was so cheep thought itd be in ****, thing is it looks mint...

rip gsi

adam c
26-09-07, 01:14 AM
gutted for you.do you know who stole it?

blue_peg_16v
26-09-07, 08:33 AM
gutted mate another gsi bites the dust

Big-vaux
26-09-07, 09:29 AM
such a waste is right, i remember seein it for sale and being really tempted to fly over for it but because it was so cheep thought itd be in ****, thing is it looks mint...

rip gsi
Basicly it was mint! it only had a bit of rust at the bottom of the passenger side door even so the previous owner also included in the sale a pair of red genuine gsi doors (no rust) so i changed the doors and presto. But now it was all for nothin :cry:

do you know who stole it?
:thumb: Its crazy how fast news travels through the grape vine :thumb:

The police say that there is nothing for them to investigate as it was burnt out. (Obviously) So the Big-Vaux has been investigating :cool:

Jim Mcrae
26-09-07, 11:20 AM
Awsome knee capp them and post the pics. Shame about the car though....

Matt2107
26-09-07, 01:31 PM
Dont get on here much anymore and just found this post.

Gutted for you Rik.

I've stood next to this car and it was exactly as he described with a lovely low mileage gsi engine.

I'm scared to finish mine now. lol

draper
26-09-07, 01:46 PM
I'm scared to finish mine now. lol

they'll of all grown-up by then matt :p

Jeff16v
26-09-07, 02:05 PM

LOLlol lol

BigStan
26-09-07, 05:52 PM
PM'd :thumb:

Sorry to hear about it mate, looked real nice !

alan b
27-09-07, 12:54 PM
sory to here mate find the fukcers and let them have it.

Big-vaux
27-09-07, 05:19 PM
find the fukcers and let them have it.
It would be wrong not to :thumb:

muzzy
27-09-07, 06:05 PM
gutted for you mate
im lucky when mine got stolen they parked it back up :confused:

Matt2107
28-09-07, 04:16 PM

In actual fact Project Aspirin now has a lovely GTE engine and purrs.

The other project is now binned.

So technically the must have grown up already.