PDA

View Full Version : Digital Dash Indicator Problem

Dave.
24-09-07, 11:41 PM
well with the car now all legal except for one small problem..

when we fitted the digi dash we followed the wiring diagram off here. colour to colour etc etc and soldered all the wires. but when it came to the indicators we put the digital dash left and right side onto the nova double one if you get what i mean.. so they both flash at once

then once it was all in we made sure everyithing worked.. everything did except the indicator lights. there was no flashing atall on the dash but the outside indicators worked fine. so then we tried splicing them into the stalk wires as ive been told this usually solves the problem

anyway the dash lights work now left flashes left right flashes right etc but when the slaks in the off position the dash lights stay on dim and it makes a buzzing sound.

this is the only thing that im aware of it failing mot so any help is appreciated. as i havent a fookin clue what to do now and dont want to swap the dash round for mot

:(

Stantonio
24-09-07, 11:51 PM
must be some sort of crossed wire, or and overload which would explain the buzzing??

I'm not top man with electrical but sounds something like... lol

Adam
25-09-07, 12:04 AM
Try another stalk

alan b
25-09-07, 09:59 AM
think you have one of them connected to the hazard switch warning light wire, it happened me.

greg1.4
25-09-07, 01:05 PM
sorry to hi-jack but what wires go where so the indicator lights flash on the dash and the outside work.. i dont undertand wires..ha ha

Adam
25-09-07, 01:08 PM
Black/white, and black/green at the stalk.

db_1.2
25-09-07, 03:43 PM
same happened with me so i left mine offlol

Dave.
26-09-07, 09:20 PM
anyone give any more help?

Clean 2.0 nova
26-09-07, 09:56 PM
I assume you've looked at the diagram's and explanation of how this circuit works that I gave in
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86692

I know you posted in this thread but does the information not help?

Adam
26-09-07, 11:45 PM
Check the wiring
If thats fine try another stalk and hazard switch.

bobby p
28-09-07, 11:00 PM
i had same problem so i ran 2 seperate cables from the side of the stalk.(blk+green blk+white) and it seem to work. ive just changed them and put the cav turbo clocks in they look great.