PDA

View Full Version : Hazard switch!

5h4un
27-05-02, 10:34 AM
I've just done me M.O.T,other than needing a bit of welding, it also failed on the hazard switch being faulty!,the switch itself you can pull out,(this is on the mk 2),meaning when u start the car the switch has to b pushed in to make the circuit for the indicators, etc, to work.And when u turn the car off u have to pull it out otherwise a buzzin noise sounds!. Anyone got same problem, or answers to what the fuck it is!?.Also a lad told me at a cruise that if u pull the switch out and replace it upside down that the car will start!!!,bollocks??

Doddy
27-05-02, 01:08 PM
Are you sure your switch is not upside already, coz that is about what it usually does when you turn it around, if i remember right.

j1400
27-05-02, 01:43 PM
Yep does give a ignition circut, just need to bump mstart the car, no key. Need to mod the loom, use a diode so it doesn't happen, it bypasses the immobiliser/alarm if you don, sick or what!!!

5h4un
27-05-02, 02:00 PM
no it aint upside down, how do ya reckon i could fix it?,so i dont have to push the switch in all the time to get the indicators workin.
I did try put it in upside down!,it does activate the ignition light,i could open the elecy windows without turnin the key!...bizarre!!!!!

ade
27-05-02, 04:19 PM
try a second hand switch from a scrappy - maybe a fault with switch. Ref diod - where do you put it and what size do u need? Is is a dimple case of soldering it in place between wires - if so which ones?

Ad

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotamy!

jatinder
27-05-02, 08:17 PM
if u wanna fix the problem of it being bump started when switch is upside down there a guide on topbuzz

http://www.novabug.co.uk/FeatureCars/Jatinder.html

ade
28-05-02, 01:46 PM
where? I've looked but cant see any guides on modding hazard switch...

Ade :-/

pickle2000
28-05-02, 05:37 PM
Here is a link to download it......
http://www.mikeoxford.co.uk/novaland/howto/hazard.pdf

Has anyone simply tried to "block" up the extra hole on the back of the switch? That way it would be impossible to turn the switch upside down anyway....

ade
28-05-02, 08:09 PM
cheers - good point - will do this aswell.

cheech
31-05-02, 09:52 AM
IT ALSO WORKS ON MK1 NOVAS IT JUST HARDER TO GET THE SWITCH OUT TO REVERSE IT

mikeoxford
18-06-02, 11:03 PM
blocking up the hole is a real simple way - and shock, id never thought of that! imguessing though if a thief knows enough about the car and really wants to make off with it, they could just jump the relevenat wires in the socket with a paper clip or similar - no need for the switch??

as for blocking the unused hole up - u bloody smart arse :P

kevw
18-06-02, 11:08 PM
The simplest ideas are always overlooked!

lol