PDA

View Full Version : Nova TD Lowering springs ... what you using ?

R1CH
24-09-07, 06:33 PM
A mates brother has just got a 1.5 TD, put a G-Max 60mm suspension kit on it and the front arch pretty much sat on the tyre (195 / 45, Speedlines) so it was undrivable, changed them for some 40mm springs but wasn't any different, then bought an 30mm Avo spring set (supposedly for the TD) but again arch pretty much sits on the tyre !!
Ended up fitting his brothers 2.0l Courtenay springs which ended up having a good 1 1/2" clearance between arch and tyre.
any ideas ? whats other folk using ?

Cheers

KITT1972
24-09-07, 07:20 PM
i have a 1.5d van and i have put the g maxx 60mm spring on but had the same problem. I have the wrong offset which made it worse. i have put suspention suports in the springs they are rubber and stop the springs from compressing. I have had to trim the front and bach arches but worth it.

General Baxter
24-09-07, 07:59 PM
tbh rich, the only way to get around this problem is a set of coil overs!
even just the cheapo spax rsx kit would do it!

R1CH
24-09-07, 08:41 PM
I've seen them rubber coil inserts before ... would rather not go down that route tbh.
Laddo's 17 and his first car, don't really think coilovers are an option !?!
Surely there must be some springs that are suitable for the TD ?

vaughanmc
24-09-07, 08:42 PM
Is it true that all diesel Nova's had the anti-roll bars?

Philsutton
24-09-07, 08:46 PM
people moan about the extra weight of a 2lt in the engine bay, its the diesels you want to worry about. They weigh stupid amounts lol.

R1CH
24-09-07, 09:41 PM
It seems to sit pretty high on thre Courtenay 2.0l springs tho, i know they don't lower it loads but its not far off std height !
Surely an XE & F20 is heavier than a 1.5 TD ??

Philsutton
24-09-07, 09:46 PM
Not sure on exact weights, would be interesting to know. All I know is that I can happyily move a C20xe an box on my own but ive nearly killed myself trying to move numerous diesel blocks. They are heavier than you think.

craig green
25-09-07, 10:10 AM
I'd send off some Astra 16v springs to be rewound at coilsprings. Std 1.6 GSi Nova springs are very firm too, tried them if you have any?

Sounds pikey, but we cut the 2.0 Courtenay springs on a mates XE Nova with no probs, we took off 2 coils from the top & it was fine.