PDA

View Full Version : 2L 16v troubles

brian
30-05-02, 12:47 PM
fitted a 2l 16v from one nova to another a few days ago. prob is in the new nova there is spark, and petrol in the rail but won't fire up. the original car had a gsi loom and the new one has a standard 1L loom. there is a blue wire wit no home near the 2L ECU and that blue wire was connected in the other nova. could it be that or any other ideas?:D

srboy
30-05-02, 07:45 PM
myne done that m8 i had a spark and deffo had petrol in the end it was the immobiliser as some slag cut it out! it was so annoying in the end i ive scrapped the injection and gone for webbers

Dicko
30-05-02, 08:47 PM
get the haynes 4 the car it came out of originaly and find out wot is it.

try to start it then take out a plug, is there fuel on the plug? and if its sparking it shud start up.

Ste_Nova
19-06-02, 12:26 PM
the blue wire is the dash temp sender

barnes
21-06-02, 05:45 AM
are you 100% sure the fuel pump is working??? ie there could be fuel in the rail from when it was taken out etc.

does the engine actually turn over when u turn the key?

coz if it is sparking and is getting fuel and turning over then maybe the ecu is dead.

barnes
21-06-02, 05:46 AM
make sure all sensors are plugged back in aswell coz if one is not in them engines just dont like to actually fire up.

does it fire up then die??? check for an air leak in a pipe, most likely to be the sfi box to the icv, well it was on mine it hard worn thru

Anonymous
21-06-02, 11:10 AM
should be easy to tell if the pump is running, just listed to it!

Chip

barnes
22-06-02, 02:26 AM
technically not chip lass coz the pumps on the xe only work once the engine has fired for some strange reason so u wont know if its working til the engine fires up

Dicko
22-06-02, 03:07 PM
the pump also runs when ur tryingto start it, so have a m8 listen to the pump while u turn the key. or do wot i did and rund 2 wires from the battery to the pump to test the engine :)

brian
22-06-02, 04:59 PM
cheers lads.got it sorted anyway ages ago and said it on the forum on the old site but it was left out on this site. it was the pump alright. it was runin sometimes full pressure and other times low pressure so it was hard ta tell! lookin forward ta Santa Pod tomor. :mrgreen:

brian
22-06-02, 04:59 PM
cheers lads.got it sorted anyway ages ago and said it on the forum on the old site but it was left out on this site. it was the pump alright. it was runin sometimes full pressure and other times low pressure so it was hard ta tell! lookin forward ta Santa Pod tomor. :mrgreen:

brian
22-06-02, 05:01 PM