PDA

View Full Version : wobble

Jeff16v
23-09-07, 08:24 PM
I've had an noise coming fron the front n.s for the last couple of weeks, anyway, jacked the car up to look and wobbled the wheel a bit, it doesn't rock top to bottom at all, but its rocking side to side a bit. I noticed a little bit of play in the track rod ends, does that sound right? just thought i'd check before i order the parts.

i also noticed that the drive shaft moves back and fourth between the hub and gearbox. is that right?

N0V4_K1N9
23-09-07, 08:28 PM
yer its track controll arm.and i think ther is meant to be a little bit of play in driveshafts

staggy_gsi
23-09-07, 09:30 PM
yeah mate deffo track rod ends. and i think you will be able to move the shaft a bit while its jacked up

Adam
23-09-07, 09:40 PM
Front to back movement is controlled by the tie bar.

coochiSR
23-09-07, 09:42 PM
Is it side to side on the wheel where there's movement? have u checked bottom ball joint?

Jeff16v
24-09-07, 09:21 AM
I rocked top to bottom and there was no play, i think that indicates bottom balljoints are ok. There is definately play on the track rod end after i re-checked it last night.All the tie bars look fine.

N0V4_K1N9
24-09-07, 07:36 PM
yer without a doubt its track controll arm.

coochiSR
24-09-07, 11:03 PM
Track control arm is not the problem, TRACK ROD END is, from the sounds of it!

Saloony
24-09-07, 11:10 PM
Sure fire way to check your ball joints, jack the car up, for the lower arm just pull down on it hard a couple of times, if it pops out its had it, track rod END just pull on it again, lower arm lever with a screw driver checking the bushes, tie bar bushes you can get away with just a visual check at the bushes, and a wee tug. Now being old and manual steering no doubt you'll have a slight knock through the rack to.