PDA

View Full Version : gte reshell

chimp007_uk
23-09-07, 03:10 PM
hi all,

been off here a while now, since my nova gte road rally car met its untimely death at christmas...

i've been happy driving my manta around, currently working at a drift prep garage, so its having the diff welded now :roll:
but now my parents have told me that hte nova has to go off the drive :(

so... :D i want to reshell it! been looking at a few for sale cars on here, but idieally would need just a shell local to me in good nick.

anyway, as i've never done a transplant before, how easy is it to drop a 1.6 gte lump into either:

1) mk1 1.2
2) mk2 1.2

i'm guessing a mk1 would be easier being carbs.

cheers guys.

chimp007_uk
24-09-07, 09:03 PM
just bought a k reg 1.2 very faded red nova off ebay for ?156 need to tow it home and get is stripped and prep'd...

finally found myself a garage, need to finalise it tomorrow, but all looking good, just need a genny...

going to seam weld the chassis and engine bay and go the full hog. use it for track, autotests, sprints etc... fit all the parts of my written off road rally nova so will be hopefully a good spec when finished, just need to rebuild the engine and find a mild race cam...

i was thinking about cutting up the gte and using parts to reinforce areas, whats the best bits to keep?!?